Home

S/o Another thought
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 5:56 pm
This is a spinoff off of another thread I started.
I remembered a thought that's been bothering me for a while.
If men can be women (who were oppressed for many generations) and women can be men, why can't I become black or brown and be legitimately viewed as such?
Back to top

amother




Babyblue


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:05 pm
Are you being an opportunist? Nobody likes an opportunist.
Back to top

Mommyg8




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:08 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
This is a spinoff off of another thread I started.
I remembered a thought that's been bothering me for a while.
If men can be women (who were oppressed for many generations) and women can be men, why can't I become black or brown and be legitimately viewed as such?


That's what my husband keeps saying.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:18 pm
amother wrote:
Are you being an opportunist? Nobody likes an opportunist.

Nobody likes people who go amother for No reason
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:18 pm
Because it’s “offensive”.



Ben Shapiro had a little segment on gender transitioning and why its insane. The same way you can’t legally change your age....
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:19 pm
Race cannot be changed but gender can be changed at will

Completely contradicts biology which has no proof of race but tons of proof of gender
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:20 pm
There are people who do that, and they aren't very well received, to say the least. Extreme liberalism never has to make sense.
Back to top

dancingqueen




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:22 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Race cannot be changed but gender can be changed at will

Completely contradicts biology which has no proof of race but tons of proof of gender


There are plenty of genetic markers and characteristics of different races. Ashkenazi Jews are a great example.

What are the “tons of proof of gender?”
Back to top

amother




Mint


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:22 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Race cannot be changed but gender can be changed at will

Completely contradicts biology which has no proof of race but tons of proof of gender

But "race" or rather skin color is a matter of pigments so there has to be a way to be able to change the pigments of skin just like we can change the color of clothing. The person who comes up with the technology of pigment change will become the richest person in the world. I better start working on it..
Back to top

leah233




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:26 pm
If the issue was getting preferential treatment for being the a women none of those who insist such a thing is possible would still be willing to act on it.

On another note this issue actually strengthens my Emunah. When I see those who insist, insist, insist that everything they believe in is based on logic, empirical evidence and science willing to believe that something as black and white and easily provable as gender is all just a state of mind then it is difficult to still consider them the educated and enlightened ones...
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:29 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
There are plenty of genetic markers and characteristics of different races. Ashkenazi Jews are a great example.

What are the “tons of proof of gender?”
the markers of different races is a very imperfect science and someone who looks One race can easily be a part of a different race

Gender is immutable and clear differences across cultures societies and biologically
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:29 pm
leah233 wrote:
If the issue was getting preferential treatment for being the a women none of those who insist such a thing is possible would still be willing to act on it.

On another note this issue actually strengthens my Emunah. When I see those who insist, insist, insist that everything they believe in is based on logic, empirical evidence and science willing to believe that something as black and white and easily provable as gender is all just a state of mind then it is difficult to still consider them the educated and enlightened ones...
thank you for a strengthening my emuna
Back to top

amother




Silver


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:44 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
There are plenty of genetic markers and characteristics of different races. Ashkenazi Jews are a great example.

What are the “tons of proof of gender?”


Um... x,y chromosomes?
Back to top

amother




Silver


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 6:46 pm
amother wrote:
But "race" or rather skin color is a matter of pigments so there has to be a way to be able to change the pigments of skin just like we can change the color of clothing. The person who comes up with the technology of pigment change will become the richest person in the world. I better start working on it..


Not true. There are plenty of "black" people who appear white to me and you. This is real - people like that were made to go to the back of the bus back in the "good old" racist days.
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:07 pm
No, I am not being an opportunist.
I am genuinely wondering about this.
Not that I would want to become a man or a different race, but I wonder why it's so accepted for a man to become a woman but if a white person would try to become black, they'd be ridiculed.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
Um... x,y chromosomes?


You're confusing z3x (why can't we use that word???) with gender.

Z3x is biologically determined. Gender refers to socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes.

Many societies have traditionally recognized more than 2 genders. Bugis society recognises five genders: makkunrai, oroané, bissu, calabai, and calalai. for Navajo, there were four genders: man, woman, masculine female-bodied nádleeh, and feminine male-bodied nádleeh.

But the real question is, why do you care?

With respect to race, unless you're Rachel Dolezal, none of this probably applies to you.
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:10 pm
amother wrote:
You're confusing z3x (why can't we use that word???) with gender.

Z3x is biologically determined. Gender refers to socially constructed roles, behaviors, activities, and attributes.

Many societies have traditionally recognized more than 2 genders. Bugis society recognises five genders: makkunrai, oroané, bissu, calabai, and calalai. for Navajo, there were four genders: man, woman, masculine female-bodied nádleeh, and feminine male-bodied nádleeh.

But the real question is, why do you care?

With respect to race, unless you're Rachel Dolezal, none of this probably applies to you.


I care because I live in America.

By your logic, if you aren't transgender and you have no friends or family who are transgender, you shouldn't care about transgender rights.
Back to top

amother




Mint


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:11 pm
amother wrote:
Not true. There are plenty of "black" people who appear white to me and you. This is real - people like that were made to go to the back of the bus back in the "good old" racist days.

I don't understand your argument. There are white people who come across as brown (some through ethnicity and some when they are tanned) and people from black origin who may come across as lighter than other black people. Other people get freckles on their skin, getting more freckles in the summer than winter. There are Asian people who use bleach to make their skin look whiter. Skin color is still a matter of pigments and there should be a way to come up with the technology to allow for skin color to change.
Maybe the sun has something to do with it considering that people can get darker or freckles in the sun. That is interesting and I have to do some more research on it.
Back to top

Fox




 
 
 


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:13 pm
One of the best recent exchanges and just another reason CNN is the gift that keeps on giving:
Back to top

amother




Tan


Post  Mon, Jan 21 2019, 7:15 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
No, I am not being an opportunist.
I am genuinely wondering about this.
Not that I would want to become a man or a different race, but I wonder why it's so accepted for a man to become a woman but if a white person would try to become black, they'd be ridiculed.



Ben Shapiro made this argument when he was arguing with a 21 year old girl. I think he asked her something like, would it be reasonable for you to identify and tell people you're 65 since that's how you feel?
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Arguments you never thought you'll have.... 49 Sat, Jul 20 2019, 8:32 pm View last post
Another question- frozen cookies
by tsc3
2 Mon, Jul 01 2019, 1:20 pm View last post
by tsc3
Another thread about consumerism 5 Tue, Jun 25 2019, 11:11 pm View last post
Yet another vaccine question 25 Tue, Jun 18 2019, 2:53 pm View last post
Everyone over 40 needs another mmr?
by amother
46 Mon, Jun 03 2019, 12:44 pm View last post
by 1091

Jump to: