Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Hostess gift for the rich
Previous  1  2  3

Surrendered

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:31 pm
I like to give a fresh cut up- fruit platter, with a sweet little Thank you note.
Many people are on diet, I think fresh fruits are always appreciated.

thanks

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:48 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
Some people though only drink wine for kiddush and prefer only a specific type. Whenever we are gifted wine we either regift it or give it for shalach manos.

So it all works out because wine doesn't go bad. You can use it or repurpose it, but it won't get thrown out.
No matter what you buy, the receiver may or may not like it. At least a nice bottle of wine will not get wasted. (Though if someone drinks too much they might. Lol.)

I love the idea of fresh cut up fruit, but it is expensive, and needs to be done last minute. Not practical if you're making a simcha and your neighbors are hosting your guests.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 4:03 am
We'll use the wine for cooking. shame. Don't give us wine.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 5:18 am
amother wrote:
For My last simcha I gave a babka. I got such great feedback! Should I give the same thing again? It was just last year and some of my guests are staying in same place.

I would give babka again if it went over well the last time, maybe just change the packaging- like if you have it in a gift bag, pick a different color bag or if you tied it in ribbon, chose a different ribbon. I think you should make it your standard hosting gift. Everyone knows when they host for you they will get a delicious babka, and you won’t have to go through the headache of picking a new gift each time. Win win Smile

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 5:20 am
Babka is great. Nowadays though with everyone off gluten... also if I don't know your kashrus it will be difficult.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 5:23 am
Amarante wrote:
Anything but a tchotchke but really I think that's true for everyone regardless of economic bracket. Unless you know someone truly needs or covets a specific object, best not to get something that will just add clutter to their house.

Flowers are nice- who doesn't like flowers. My friend gets the orchid plants from Trader Joes which are always a big hit and last a bit longer than cut flowers.

While some people might have wine, nuts or chocolate aplenty, I think enough people can make use of it so that it's a nice hostess present.

I know some people don't think food that needs to be eaten immediately is appropriate, but I think a really nice baked item would always be welcome - one could pair it with some nice tea or coffee for a breakfast presentation.

Love the idea of paring with coffee or tea. You can also do a tea box with a variety of flavored teas inside. This might work well for the OOT another who’s neighbors have cases of wine

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:31 am
Fancy serving utensil set, if you can find for a better price in Amazing Savings or something if it's available.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics