Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Super Simple Tuna Patties in Ami Whisk - I have a question

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 9:51 am
On January 9, 2019, Issue 400 of Ami Whisk magazine, there is a recipe for Super Simple Tuna Patties. The picture looks delicious and the recipe is Super Simple.
The recipe calls for 2 cans of tuna, 2 eggs and a packet of matzo ball mix. So, my question is: I have a box of Matzo Ball and Soup Mix. So there is a packet of matzo meal and another packet with the soup mix. Do I use BOTH packets in the tuna patties Or just the matzo meal packet? Help! I'd like to make the patties for dinner tonight.

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 9:54 am
If you print the recipe we could probably tell you. Without seeing the recipe, I think just the matzo meal part, but then you may need two.

The soup mix may give it extra flavor.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:03 am
How would I print the recipe? It is in a magazine. I am not computer savvy and have no idea how I would print something and then put it on the Imamother forum Sad

abcde2

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:29 am
U can call into the ami office. I once did that for a recipe they are very helpful..

kerem

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:42 am
Does the recipe have spices in it? If not, definitely add the soup mix.

simba

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:44 am
I would just put the mat a ball mix bag.

oneofakind

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:52 am
Just matzo meal. Tuna is salty enough.

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:55 am
amother wrote:
How would I print the recipe? It is in a magazine. I am not computer savvy and have no idea how I would print something and then put it on the Imamother forum Sad

You can type.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 10:59 am
Squishy,
There are only three ingredients as I mentioned above:
2 cans of tuna fish
2 eggs
and a packet of knaidel (matzah ball) mix
Mix them all together, then shape into patties and fry.
That's it.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
On January 9, 2019, Issue 400 of Ami Whisk magazine, there is a recipe for Super Simple Tuna Patties. The picture looks delicious and the recipe is Super Simple.
The recipe calls for 2 cans of tuna, 2 eggs and a packet of matzo ball mix. So, my question is: I have a box of Matzo Ball and Soup Mix. So there is a packet of matzo meal and another packet with the soup mix. Do I use BOTH packets in the tuna patties Or just the matzo meal packet? Help! I'd like to make the patties for dinner tonight.

Your matzo ball mix comes with a separate soup mix packet?

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:01 am
OP here. I already mixed the two cans of tuna with the 2 eggs and the packet of matzo meal....I did not put in the soup mix packet. But the batter looks very dry already...

smile12345

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:05 am
If you add in a few extra ingredients they will probably be more tasty. This is what I do, and they come out delicious:

2 tins tuna
3 eggs
1.5 - 2 tsp mustard (I recently started doing this after seeing it in a tuna patties recipe, and it really adds a nice flavour.)
2/3 cup bread crumbs or matzo meal
1.5 tsp onion powder
sprinkle of garlic powder, paprika & salt

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 11:07 am
amother wrote:
OP here. I already mixed the two cans of tuna with the 2 eggs and the packet of matzo meal....I did not put in the soup mix packet. But the batter looks very dry already...

Use the packet. Or season to taste.

Cheiny

ra_mom wrote:

I never heard of that either.

amother wrote:

The chicken soup part is not so healthy, but it adds to the taste. You can always use it for rice and add about 2 teaspoons to the tuna mix.

If you have picky eaters, they love the taste.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:20 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Many of the brands have two options: the little boxes that say "matzo ball mix" or the same size boxes that say "matzo ball and soup mix". I also get the ones that have the soup mix too. (Theyll be on different color packets so you dont mix up the soup mix and the matzo ball mix). Dh usually gets the wrong one when he shops so I know the boxes look similar.
OP, I'd assume it's just the matzo ball mix.

nosher

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 12:25 pm
I actually made the recipe last night. I added an extra egg for moisture. It is also helpful to have a dip for the patties.
I was going to add a drop of mayonnaise but my little one pushed the jar and it cracked on my one-clean kitchen floor.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:00 pm
Add a tablespoon of finely minced onions, and fresh or dried dill. Dill is amazing with tuna, you'll never make them any other way again.

If you don't want to put the dill in, you can make a delicious sauce with mayo, dill, garlic powder, and just enough lemon juice to thin it to salad dressing thickness. I've had guests go crazy over this. It's also good with salmon, steamed broccoli, or green salads.

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:30 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Add a tablespoon of finely minced onions, and fresh or dried dill. Dill is amazing with tuna, you'll never make them any other way again.

If you don't want to put the dill in, you can make a delicious sauce with mayo, dill, garlic powder, and just enough lemon juice to thin it to salad dressing thickness. I've had guests go crazy over this. It's also good with salmon, steamed broccoli, or green salads.

I do a similar dressing but with brown sugar instead of the garlic powder. I got the recipe from a friend when we were all going crazy over the sauce served with the salmon at her house.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen