Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Have you made this recipe?
1  2  Next

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:34 pm
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/.....-5941

I'm having a lot of guests for Shabbos and looking for a second dessert option. (Already making chocolate mousse pie.) This cinnamon pie looks delicious and I want to try it, but I have to leave out the pecans (stupid nut allergies!) and I'm wondering if it'll be good if I just omit them.

Any other non-chocolate, nut-free, peanut-free suggestions welcome Smile

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:36 pm
mommyla wrote:
https://www.kosher.com/recipe/cinnamon-bun-pie-5941

I'm having a lot of guests for Shabbos and looking for a second dessert option. (Already making chocolate mousse pie.) This cinnamon pie looks delicious and I want to try it, but I have to leave out the pecans (stupid nut allergies!) and I'm wondering if it'll be good if I just omit them.

Any other non-chocolate, nut-free, peanut-free suggestions welcome Smile

I made it twice. Its really delicious! IMO it needs the pecans.

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:36 pm
Its delicious and so much easier then making cinnamon buns.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:38 pm
Thanks! mha3484 do you think it would be okay without the nuts?

Also, needs to be easy to make (not a ton of dishes or weird ingredients), easy to double, and freezable. I know, lots of restrictions, sorry Wink but trying to get a head start here.

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:39 pm
strawberry shore cake
brownies in muffin tins served hot with ice cream
cookie dough ice cream pie

mha3484

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:40 pm
I cant remember if I used nuts or not. Usually, the only nuts I tend to have around are sliced almonds so its pretty likely I left them out. If you do facebook Miriam has a group where you can ask questions about her recipes.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:40 pm
jewishmom6 wrote:
strawberry shore cake
brownies in muffin tins served hot with ice cream
cookie dough ice cream pie

Cookie dough ice cream pie sounds delicious! Do you have a recipe? Also, no raw eggs please...

jewishmom6

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 1:47 pm
I dont know it off hand but I think its basically oil, sugar, flour...I mix it with ice cream put into round pan and top with choc sauce - melted choc chips with whip (9 oz choc chips with 1/4-1/2 C whip)

If I remember tonight I can post the recipe...

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:15 pm
I have made this recipe a bunch of times and it it really good. It freezes beautifully! Maybe not the quickest to make since you have to make the 2 separate parts and layer them but not too hard and uses standard ingredients. I usually triple or even quadruple and freeze. If you want to be fancy you can warm it up a little before serving and serve with a scoop of ice cream. It's always a big hit when I make it. I've always made with the pecans but think it would be just fine if you left them out.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:40 pm
Thanks lfab! jewishmom6 I'd love that recipe if you can get to it. I think I will make the cinnamon bun pie, I'll try to remember to update if it's good without the nuts (may leave off the glaze, too...)

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:42 pm
I've never made the glaze and it's still really good.

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:43 pm
Even better Wink

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:43 pm
lfab wrote:
I have made this recipe a bunch of times and it it really good. It freezes beautifully! Maybe not the quickest to make since you have to make the 2 separate parts and layer them but not too hard and uses standard ingredients. I usually triple or even quadruple and freeze. If you want to be fancy you can warm it up a little before serving and serve with a scoop of ice cream. It's always a big hit when I make it. I've always made with the pecans but think it would be just fine if you left them out.

Do you freeze it raw or baked?

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:47 pm
I’ve made without nuts. Still good

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:55 pm
Yay! Thanks 1091!

agreer

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 2:56 pm
It doesn't need the nuts.

However, I've had difficulty with this recipe. The dough/filling did not spread easily or look pretty for me.

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:01 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Do you freeze it raw or baked?

I freeze it baked. But be sure not to overbake. You want it to be soft. If you bake too long it will be dry.

lfab

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:03 pm
agreer wrote:
It doesn't need the nuts.

However, I've had difficulty with this recipe. The dough/filling did not spread easily or look pretty for me.

Yes, the batter is thick so doesn't spread so easily. You have to spread it very gently so as not to break the crust. Then I dallop the cinnamon filling and swirl with a knife and repeat for each layer. It doesn't need to be perfectly spread. You'll still get the yummy cinnamon taste in each piece. Also, I don't usually get as many layers as they say

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 3:08 pm
I've made it twice without the nuts. Still good! It is hard to spread the batter, though.

chaya35

Post Tue, Jan 22 2019, 4:11 pm
Has anyone ever made this by hand without a mixer? Always lazy to take out my Bosch.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics