Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Israel for 2 weeks with a 1 year old

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:24 am
What activities can I do in Israel if I'm bringing my one year old baby along? They can either be things a 1 year old would enjoy or places that she can just come along in the carriage. Thanks!

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:54 am
I did this several times. E"y is in general an extremely baby friendly country, and you can do anything you would do with your baby at home, and then some. The zoo in Jerusalem is beautiful. If you want more animals, the safari in Ramat Gan is a lot of fun too. Weather permitting, there are lovely parks and playgrounds everywhere. But in addition, Israelis LIKE babies, so if your sweetie is well behaved, you can take her to a nice restaurant, out for coffee, etc. I don't know what time of year you are.going. but our babies and little ones really enjoyed the outdoor concerts at the Israel museum. I also took them to the mekomos kedoshim but you want to be sure that the baby is not going to disturb people there. (Veteran mom''s hint-- bring treats. My younger dd got so into the idea that she got cocoa puffs at the kosel that she used to tell people that it was her favorite place in Isrsel.) If there is a type of activity you are wondering about, ask.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:56 am
I'm pretty sure a one year old isn't going to remember anything, so just do what you enjoy and bring her along.

My parents told me that they took me and my sister to Disneyland when I was 3 and my sister was 1. The only memory I have is that I let go of my balloon and cried.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 12:04 pm
When I went to Israel I did a lot of climbing stairs in the Old city of Tzfas, Jerusalem, Masada, Ein Gedi. Etc.
I would have found it extremely difficult doing all those stairs with a stroller or even holding a baby.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 12:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
When I went to Israel I did a lot of climbing stairs in the Old city of Tzfas, Jerusalem, Masada, Ein Gedi. Etc.
I would have found it extremely difficult doing all those stairs with a stroller or even holding a baby.

my husband "wore" the baby when we did things like that.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 1:20 pm
Thanx for all responses for far? I will be going in the summer iyH. Where and when are there concerts? We would all like that and my baby loves music!

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 1:31 pm
amother wrote:
Thanx for all responses for far? I will be going in the summer iyH. Where and when are there concerts? We would all like that and my baby loves music!

Summer is blazing hot here. I'm not even sure if I would take a baby outside unless it was after sundown.

Bookmark this site. It will tell you everything you could possibly need.
https://www.touristisrael.com/.....erts/

DrMom

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 1:37 pm
Plan your outdoor activities for early morning and after dusk. It's very hot here in the summer.

Bring plenty of sunblock and a nice floppy sunhat for your baby.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics