Home

NY Senate Approves José Peralta New York State DREAM Act
Previous  1, 2

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

chestnut

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:
The Act would allow illegal aliens to access state financial aid for college on the same basis as others. So they would have the same right to have $60,000 in college loans that you do.

Um, it's not only about the loans. It's about grants as well

amother

Jetblack

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:24 pm
amother wrote:
Does the US?

Medicaid and AHA are not available to illegal immigrants in the US.

Canada's healthcare is more affordable because its single payer.

Oh, and the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP) in Canada provides healthcare services to illegal immigrants.

Your comment about Medicaid is false! And it is actually worse. Medicaid is available to illegal children, Medicare to illegal elderly, and Medicaid is available to illegal pregnant mothers. Illegals are able to be counted in the family household size for income limits and subsidies like food stamps and housing. It’s illegal to ask about residency status in most states, and illegal to deny care to any person in most facilities. Haven’t you ever seen signs in the ER waiting room!?. Give us a break and back away from the kool aid.

itsmeima

Post  Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:40 pm
Reality wrote:
I have always wondered how anyone can know what percent if any illegals pay if they don't have a social security number? How is this tracked accurately?

ITIN. It's estimated that more than half of illegal immigrants use it.

lech lecha08

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 1:54 am
re Canada: are you talking about illegal immigrants or people going through the refugee process? People claiming refugee status DO get healthcare. Whereas when I was going through the immigration after marrying a Canadian, I didn't qualify for healthcare until 3 months after being approved as a permanent resident

Squishy

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 6:32 am
Illegal aliens are an incredible net drain on the economy. I don't have time to refute amother's false claims.

'Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy released a report in February 2016, stating that 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States are paying annually an estimated amount of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes, "on average an estimated 8 percent of their incomes." '

I just want to point out that much of the state and local revenue are unavoidable taxes like gasoline taxes, cell phone taxes, and sales taxes in bigger stores. They are a net drain on the economy and deprive Americans of jobs and drive wages labor down. Artificially inflating the cost of labor causes low income workers to lose jobs.

They only pay 1.1 billion in personal income taxes. Much of it is unavoidable because the employer withholds taxes.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/n.....fographic/

In my county, illegals get to go to refuah and two other health clinics. They don't have to pay the modest co-pay if they claim they are indigent. No proof required. There are no residency requirements either, so visitors can also get free healthcare.

Often there are threads where amothers can't afford dental care and we give it away free to illegal immigrants and medical tourists. What's wrong with us that we can't take care of our own first?

FAIR ' released an updated report in 2017 that claimed taxpayers “shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens” at the federal, state and local levels, with “a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664.” '

I dislike illegal aliens for the hurt they put on Americans, but at least most of them aren't rabid antisemites or in bed with rabid antisemites like some of our wonderful democrats and the press which doesn't do a good enough job calling them out.

1untamedgirl

Post  Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:04 am
itsmeima wrote:
ITIN. It's estimated that more than half of illegal immigrants use it.

The ITIN is for federal purposes only, it does not cover state income tax or other state/city taxes paid by American citizen employees. The ITIN can be used by any foreigner so not sure where you get your statistics that more than half of illegal aliens use it. Foreigners/non-citizens using the ITIN should not be allowed to get any services such as medicaid, food stamps, tuition, etc but somehow illegal aliens are above that as well as they get all these services for themselves and/or their children regardless of immigration status. The ITIN also allows you to get a tax refund and claim dependents that don't even live in the U.S. The IRS does not apply the same standards that they would if American citizens would claim dependents that don't live with them making it an easy way for illegal aliens to cheat the system and get away with fraud that American citizens would go to prison for.
Its good to be an illegal alien in America as they can do whatever they want and get everything their heart desires while American suckers, I mean citizens pay the price for it.

amother

Purple

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:09 am
groisamomma wrote:
My college loans are in excess of 60K and my medical insurance is over 1K monthly. Never mind the 2K+ I pay in taxes monthly.

How is this possible? Can young get subsidized insurance through your job? How much do you earn that your monthly taxes are that high? Are you're your withholdings are correct? Do you get a large chunk of that back as a tax refund? Are you aware of student loan repayment options that can ease the burden of repayment during periods of financial hardship?

amother

Honeydew

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:12 am
amother wrote:
Maybe if you read it, you'd understand it.

But its much easier to attack when you neither read nor understand.

The Act would allow illegal aliens to access state financial aid for college on the same basis as others. So they would have the same right to have $60,000 in college loans that you do.

BTW, between 50 percent and 75 percent of unauthorized immigrants pay federal, state, and local taxes. Illegal immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security (which they're not entitled to receive).

The right-wing Heritage Foundation found that the average undocumented immigrant household paid $10,334 in taxes. That would translate to about $17.6 billion paid in taxes.

Again for the nth time, some of these taxes are unavoidable like taxes on the phone bill, gasoline taxes, sales tax. Not impressed.

amother

Ruby

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:49 am
I wonder what people think of the fact that Trump's Bedminster golf course was using illegal immigrant labor for years--so much that there was an entire town in Costa Rica supported entirely by their labor. All this while loudly railing against illegals and demanding a wall.

Ok when Trump does it? Business as usual?

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....story.html
Previous  1, 2 Recent Topics

Page 2 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h