Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Need a amazon mentor
1  2  Next

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:24 pm
Hi,
I’m starting to sell on Amazon and I would really appreciate if anyone that is currently selling on amazon could guide me through the process and help me along. I would really appreciate if anyone would be interested. Just to answer specific questions and help me along...

Boca00

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 8:40 pm
Happy to help if I can. I also highly recommend joining Ed Rosenberg's telegram groups where you can ask all kinds of questions and be updated on the latest of all things Amazon.

You can join here:
https://www.asgtg.com/join-asgtg/

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:22 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Happy to help if I can. I also highly recommend joining Ed Rosenberg's telegram groups where you can ask all kinds of questions and be updated on the latest of all things Amazon.

You can join here:

Thanks!
Will send you a pm.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:22 pm
Boca00 wrote:

You can join here:

Thanks!
Will send you a pm.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 9:25 pm
Any other experienced amazon sellers?
I can use all the help I can get I’m really a newbie...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 10:34 pm
amother wrote:
Any other experienced amazon sellers?
I can use all the help I can get I’m really a newbie...

I have lots of experience. I will gladly help if you ask here, since I don't want to out myself.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 1:06 am
ask your questions and I'm sure you will get tons of responses

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 9:27 am
Google could probably answer most of your beginner questions. For starters, Google "how to start selling on Amazon". That's how I did it years back.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:30 am
So here it goes.
How do I know which product to choose?
That it should have enough of a demand but not too competitive with thousands reviews?
What am I looking out for?

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
I have lots of experience. I will gladly help if you ask here, since I don't want to out myself.

I understand you don’t want to out yourself here in public forum. Would it help if I post on my screen name and you could send me a pm? If you felt comfortable with that.

Also did you take any courses?

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:04 am
amother wrote:
So here it goes.
That it should have enough of a demand but not too competitive with thousands reviews?

There are different softwares out there to help you find those products. You're basically looking for an area that has low bsr's and not so many sellers. It takes a lot of time and research to find a good product. It's probably the hardest but most important part though.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:41 am
amother wrote:
There are different softwares out there to help you find those products. You're basically looking for an area that has low bsr's and not so many sellers. It takes a lot of time and research to find a good product. It's probably the hardest but most important part though.

Could you elaborate on that? How do I know if the product has demand? What criteria should I be looking out for?

Or would you feel comfortable pm’ing me?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:43 am
Checkout tutorials on YouTube how to use CamelCamel to see the sales of a specific item on Amazon etc

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 12:55 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Checkout tutorials on YouTube how to use CamelCamel to see the sales of a specific item on Amazon etc

Thanks I’ll try that. Any other tips greatly appreciated.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 1:25 pm
amother wrote:
Could you elaborate on that? How do I know if the product has demand? What criteria should I be looking out for?

Or would you feel comfortable pm’ing me?

Are you familiar with BSR's?

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 6:38 pm
amother wrote:
So here it goes.

I did not take a course. I searched for answers on Google and made sure to always read every piece of instructions that Amazon provides.

Knowing which product to choose is the hardest thing about selling on Amazon.

The website someone gave here is very useful in the long run. You will not find the fantastic information on that blog anywhere. Not on Amazon and not on Google.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 8:32 pm
There's a great forum for such questions/answers on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FulfillmentByAmazon/

Boca00

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:03 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks I’ll try that. Any other tips greatly appreciated.

You can use Helium10 or Jungle Scout (or both) to see sales. The numbers are not at all accurate but you can get an idea.

You will want something that has some demand, but not too many strong competitors (with high review counts and ranking for all the top keywords).

Use the FBA calculator to determine Amazon fees, plus take into consideration shipping fees, etc, when you try to determine if a product will be profitable.

Alibaba is a good place to start for product sourcing. Get quotes from at least 5-6 suppliers, and samples from at least 2-3 suppliers.

Try to find a product that you can differentiate from the competition. Look at the competition's negative reviews, Q&A and see how you can improve the product in a cost effective way.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:03 pm
Boca00 wrote:

You can join here:

yes for sure- joining is a must and free.

they are having a big event tomorrow. you can see all this info and purchase tickets on https://tinyurl.com/asgtg2019

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
yes for sure- joining is a must and free.

they are having a big event tomorrow. you can see all this info and purchase tickets on https://tinyurl.com/asgtg2019

Does anyone know if there is any way of listening to past recordings of these events for free?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics