Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Remediation services New York

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jan 23 2019, 11:24 pm
Hi, I was referred to an agency by my sons Yeshiva to get him a full evaluation and remedial help for Gemara. They recommended Hasuga (Yida Yoel Levi) and said that they zero in on the specific issue and get to the root of the challenge that the kid has. I am looking for info on the success rate and how long it takes till you see results. My son is already getting services from the board of Ed for Speech and language OT and P3 services and I see gradual progress over the years but nowhere is he up to par with his grade level. From where he’s coming from I’m happy that as long as he’s growing and if they work with him he should be fine. But the Rebbe isn’t satisfied and I know the learning only gets harder the older he gets. I’d gladly go for it if it is what they make it out to be and see results within a few months to a year or am I wasting my time and money if it takes a few years and I AM already giving him help and he’s been growing, but gradually. Question is, is it enough and am I missing something. I mean he can’t be the top of the class if he didn’t start out there 🙄

Any info would be greatly appreciated. And any other recommendations are welcome if you know it has been a huge success and seen drastic changes.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:47 am
Bump. Anyone???

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 10:59 am
I don't know anything about that particular place, but in general I think a psychoeducational evaluation is very important for struggling students. It gives you a lot more information as to which specific underlying weaknesses are causing the learning difficulties, and you can target treatment much more effectively that way.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jan 24 2019, 11:03 am
sorry for your challenge
not to minimize the time, energy, resources, and money involved
in general I would think that if the school is recommending then to do it
they should know who is good and gets best results
also it should ideally be a partnership with you and the school and the supplementation
for best results IY"H
not easy but I would try it and reevaluate after some months, you can ask him when he expects to see results and what are expectations
I hope you get more responses of people who have done this
wishing you much hatzlocha
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries