Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Questions I've had about the frum world
Previous  1  2  3  4

trixx

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 11:02 pm
watergirl wrote:
1. I call it dinner. Everyone I know calls it dinner. The only people who I know that call it supper are my step kids and they live in NY.

2. I say sheets or linen. When I wash the linen, I am referring to anything that can be bought in Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

3. I dont sleep with a duvet cover or a top sheet. I also dont call my blanket a quilt. I call it a bed spread, comforter, or just say blanket.

4. I have a dog and many frum people in my community have dogs. I also have pocket pets, and if DH wasn't allergic, we'd have a cat also.

The things that you are mentioning have nothing to do with being frum. They are all geographical things. Like I say "pop" for soft drinks and I pronounce "Yeshiva" like "ye-SHI-va". Not "Ye-SHEEE-va". oh, and I say "kish-kee", not "kish-KA".

Do you also say chall-ee instead of chall-ah? Idk why but that drives me crazy. I think it's a regional (maybe Boston?) thing too though.

bat1

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 11:59 am
All I can say is that I am so glad those are your questions about our world! LOL Very Happy

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 12:34 pm
Reality wrote:
I think OP's questions are only valid for the right wing world.

I've posted before that when I say "frum" that's what I mean. Others use the word differently to mean all of Orthodoxy.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics