Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I am a superhero because.....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

PractclyPerfect

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:25 am
pesek zman wrote:
I got up at 4:50am to bathe and prep and shower for mikvah tonight, then rushed off to my RE to get there at 7, now rushing to work to get there (late) I’ll then rush home from work at 4pm, and will walk 2 miles each way to the mikvah.

Wow! That's real superhero material! I am in total awe. I hope this is the cycle where everything works out for you iy"h.

Pamela

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:32 am
tweek wrote:
I am sorry to hear that! I wish you the best of health! Hug Hug

Thank you

Pamela

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:33 am
my mama wrote:
You really are amazing! Hug I hope things get easier for you

Thank you. I appreciate that

simba

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:53 am
pesek zman wrote:
I got up at 4:50am to bathe and prep and shower for mikvah tonight, then rushed off to my RE to get there at 7, now rushing to work to get there (late) I’ll then rush home from work at 4pm, and will walk 2 miles each way to the mikvah.

I’m actually standing in line picking up breakfast and tearing up! Pesek zman, you are such an inspiration. Can you please PM me your name? I would love to daven for you when I bentch licht tonight. You are a hero! A superhero!

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 8:59 am
simba wrote:
I’m actually standing in line picking up breakfast and tearing up! Pesek zman, you are such an inspiration. Can you please PM me your name? I would love to daven for you when I bentch licht tonight. You are a hero! A superhero!

You are so sweet!! Thank you!! I will!

Israeli_C

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:15 am
cozyblanket wrote:
IsraeliC, you are amazing!

Being real, my heart goes out to you! How are you fairing? I wish I could help you.

I would say my superpower is having special activities planned each day of winter break even while we stayed in town and I worked some of the days. Last night was "take out" night. I just made burgers and hotdogs and put them in Styrofoam takeout containers from dollar tree.

Many thanks Cozyblanket!! BH things are good- my parents have arrived in Israel to help. They're not Jewish and my kitchen is taking a battering as a result of overenthusiastic attempts to help, but I'm appreciating the extra sleep! Hugs, thanks for caring Smile

cozyblanket

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:34 am
simba wrote:

I will be davening for you too. You can pm me your name if you want. If not, Hashem knows who I am taking about. I'm in awe.

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:43 am
Israeli_C wrote:
Many thanks Cozyblanket!! BH things are good- my parents have arrived in Israel to help. They're not Jewish and my kitchen is taking a battering as a result of overenthusiastic attempts to help, but I'm appreciating the extra sleep! Hugs, thanks for caring Smile

I am so happy you have some help! I have been thinking about how your managing, I felt soo bad for you!
You are so awesome!

mig100

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 11:41 am
judithc wrote:
Hey thanks! that was really sweet of you!

how about "im a hero since I allowed myself to rest after a busy day at work without feeling guilty"

mig100

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 12:16 pm
pesek zman wrote:

Wow!! im in awe pesek zman!

seeker

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 12:46 pm
I un-supered most of the week but my accomplishment right now is resolving to do better!

PassionFruit

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 12:48 pm
I went to an exercise class even though I wasn't in the mood
I rested without feeling guilty
I didn't delete this post after reading other people's much more superhero posts.

my mama

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:12 pm
mig100 wrote:
how about "im a hero since I allowed myself to rest after a busy day at work without feeling guilty"

Absolutely, you are 100% a hero in my book

my mama

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:13 pm
PassionFruit wrote:
I went to an exercise class even though I wasn't in the mood
I rested without feeling guilty
I didn't delete this post after reading other people's much more superhero posts.

You are amazing! Doing what you have to do when you have to do it, absolutely makes you a superhero

Edited for spelling

my mama

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:16 pm
pesek zman wrote:

You are an awesome person with an amazing additude! I am always so impressed with you but now you just blew me away!

pesek zman

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 1:19 pm
my mama wrote:
You are an awesome person with an amazing additude! I am always so impressed with you but now you just blew me away!

You are so sweet! Thank you!!

way2go

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:29 pm
I juggle everyone in my family's needs (therapies etc) as well as I do and accept my abilities and limitations (both physical and emotional stamina) even when others including my husband feel I should be able to do more!!

groisamomma

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 3:19 pm
I stayed at work for the entire day even though everything hurts and I should have taken a sick day.

happyone

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 3:33 pm
I JUST AM... bring on the cape!

my mama

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 3:57 pm
way2go wrote:
I juggle everyone in my family's needs (therapies etc) as well as I do and accept my abilities and limitations (both physical and emotional stamina) even when others including my husband feel I should be able to do more!!

Wow! That is amazing! I'm sure that the fact that you are working within your limitations makes you even more effective! Kol hakavod! Applause
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics