Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
I am a superhero because.....
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 6:20 pm
morah.coffee wrote:
Just to clarify- his tube is an NG tube, it's through the nose, nothing major, just a pain to put in since it's literally sticking it up his nose while he screams and cries...

hmm NG's are a lot more drama & trouble (imo/e)
gtubes are way simpler...
in any case you can still get him a tubie friend with an ng tube if you'd like.

Optione

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 6:46 pm
I was extremely nervous, but I went to a social gathering because it was the right thing to do.

Pooh

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 7:55 pm
I survived a months long dreaded iep meeting for my special needs daughter with grace without getting emotional.

I got up this morning even though last night someone said a term to me that dawned on me the reality check that I needed about the situation I’m in and thus introducing my new nisayon. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about it not knowing how I could make it out on the other side. I was able to go through my day without letting it drown me.

I took my daughter to therapy in the middle of the 6pm chaos today, took every fiber in me not to cancel

yersp

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 8:03 pm
I stood up for myself and wouldn't let myself be bullied by a certain family member of mine.
I am officially on her hitlist and that feels great!

aricelli

Post Tue, Mar 05 2019, 8:05 pm
Pooh wrote:
I survived a months long dreaded iep meeting for my special needs daughter with grace without getting emotional.

I got up this morning even though last night someone said a term to me that dawned on me the reality check that I needed about the situation I’m in and thus introducing my new nisayon. I couldn’t sleep last night thinking about it not knowing how I could make it out on the other side. I was able to go through my day without letting it drown me.

I took my daughter to therapy in the middle of the 6pm chaos today, took every fiber in me not to cancel

Pooh youre a hero:
I cried by my iep meeting, “terms” drown me and 6:00 pm therapy sessions ?! Bummer!

caza

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:28 am
Got a 1.5 yr old still waking in the night. Seeing a therapist but it's not magic and I feel really lonely and down. Full time work and come home to feed bath bed. When it's quiet I clean the house and do laundry. Then I prepare the kids stuff for the next day.
And tomorrow I do it all over again....

Tehila1

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:40 am
caza wrote:
Got a 1.5 yr old still waking in the night. Seeing a therapist but it's not magic and I feel really lonely and down. Full time work and come home to feed bath bed. When it's quiet I clean the house and do laundry. Then I prepare the kids stuff for the next day.

Wow caza, I can so identify! I sometimes feel like I'm going in circles.

Pooh

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 12:36 pm
aricelli wrote:
Pooh youre a hero:
I cried by my iep meeting, “terms” drown me and 6:00 pm therapy sessions ?! Bummer!

Thank You for the validation

Oops

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:20 pm
My 8 weeks baby wanted to eat every 2 hours and cried in between, DH has the flu, the house looks like a tornado hit it, I barely managed to grab a bite, and have reports to give in (I work from home),
But I stopped and took the time to calmly put the kids to bed, say Shema and sing their usual songs!!

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:38 pm
caza wrote:

Hugs you need some fun in your life! Can you watch a funny show or talk to a friend while you do laundry etc at night?

DVOM

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:49 pm
aricelli wrote:
Pooh youre a hero:

We had our IEP meeting this week too. I hate the lingo. I hate the focus on my son's deficits. I hate the callous, impersonal nature of the meeting. My heroism is that I skipped it. My husband went instead. It's very hard for me to give up control when it comes to my kid; it felt great to trust that my husband would do a good job and to acknowledge that I don't have to do it all.

DVOM

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 1:50 pm
Pooh wrote:

Pooh, that is true superhero material. Your amazing!

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 2:01 pm
My 8 month old has the flu. I have not slept in 24 hours and I'm not feeling well myself, (I might have the flu too, I don't know) but I went and baked two cakes today for Shabbos since my birthday is falling out on Shabbos and I promised myself that I'd indulge on my birthday after losing 42 lbs and I'm still heading towards a 60lb loss. So even though I'm falling to pieces I managed to "take care of myself" by baking my own birthday cakes just incase the rest of the family forgets the "cake" part since "Mommys on a diet".

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 2:44 pm
My job is absolutely crazy and I could complain about a lot of things, but I show up every day and do it with a smile (on the outside at least). Unfortunately I can’t change anything or quit.

yersp

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 4:48 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My 8 month old has the flu. I have not slept in 24 hours and I'm not feeling well myself, (I might have the flu too, I don't know) but I went and baked two cakes today for Shabbos since my birthday is falling out on Shabbos and I promised myself that I'd indulge on my birthday after losing 42 lbs and I'm still heading towards a 60lb loss. So even though I'm falling to pieces I managed to "take care of myself" by baking my own birthday cakes just incase the rest of the family forgets the "cake" part since "Mommys on a diet".

Love that you're taking care of your own cake!
Happy Birthday!!

my mama

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 8:56 pm
Wow! All you people are amazing! I am absolutely blown away!

cinnamon

Post Wed, Mar 06 2019, 10:12 pm
I had a very hard time yesterday with a family member and dh was extremly self centered and unsinpathetic. All I want is to stay in bed all day and cry but I got up sent the kids off with a smile and I'm on my way to work.

DVOM

Post Fri, Mar 08 2019, 5:04 am
thunderstorm wrote:

Feel better Thunderstorm!

Kelkerwell

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:06 am
I don't mean this boastfully, but were living on the bread line and my husband is still learning

Israeli_C

Post Thu, Mar 28 2019, 2:35 am
Just agreed that DH and I will host our city's 'charity' seder. Don't know how to explain it in English, but there's a hall which is used as a kind of soup kitchen throughout the year and every year it hosts leil seder for people who have no family to go to. Lots of elderly people, olim chadashim etc. The city itself is overwhelmingly secular, so it will involve lots of work in encouraging people to be interested in the haggadah, doing kiddush Hashem by showing a good example and doing the dirty work like serving food and clearing tables. The usual organisers bailed, so I volunteered my family to it. Together with our 3 month old twins, 2 year old and 3 year old, BH!
Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics