Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Is it true that girls are born first?
1  2  Next

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 5:31 am
Someone told me that when delivering twins of the opposite gender, the girls are always born first. Mothers of twins of opposite genders, is it true?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 5:45 am
My dd was delivered first by emergency section because she was in distress. Doesn’t mean she’d have been born first had she been delivered naturally. A friend of mine who’s a twin was born second.

But what difference does it make? Oh, I see. You want a bechor. Chances are you’ll have cesarean and if so, even if ds is delivered first, he won’t have a pidyon.

silly

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 6:18 am
my mother has triplets..2 girls n 1 boy...
boy was born first

amother
Pumpkin

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 6:39 am
sorry. myth #345

Metukah

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 6:48 am
amother wrote:
But what difference does it make? Oh, I see. You want a bechor. Chances are you’ll have cesarean and if so, even if ds is delivered first, he won’t have a pidyon.

It might be only me, but this seems harsh and rude to me, especially when posting as amother.

OP didn't attack you, don't attack her.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 7:09 am
My son was the first born twin. If you are concerned ask your ob. It was obvious he would be first born because of where he was in the womb.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:05 am
Not true at all. It has to do with the position of the baby . The baby that is closest to the exit is the baby that gets delivered first . In my case it was a boy .

Israeli_C

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:11 am
I don't have an answer to the OP's question (I had identical twin girls - girls were first and last Tongue Out) but in light of previous comments I wanted to wish you an easy and natural birth. My twin birth was by far my best yet - natural delivery, no stitches, fast recovery. It's very possible and I hope it for you too OP

amother
Aquamarine

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:11 am
My girl was first (vaginal delivery) I know people that had boy first.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:40 am
Op here, firstly, thank you very much all for ur replies. To clarify, as of now I don't even know if I'm pregnant or not. Someone told me that her sis had twins after going through IF. When asked if there was gonna be a pidyon haben, the answer was that the girl was born first and the dr said that in cases where they're opposite genders, the girl is first. I was curious to know if it's true, being that I was trying to understand how it is that the girls should always be born first.
To the poster that responded regarding a pidyon haben, yes my husband and I are both dreaming and asking H' that after all those years of finally getting married and then struggling with IF, we should be zoche to celebrate the additional Simcha of a pidyon haben. Should H' have different plans and we don't make a pidyon haben I'll still be as grateful as can be to H', however, a person has the right to daven for whatever he wishes.
Edited, Oh, and I don't ask for twins either. I ask for one at a time gezunteheit. However, with whatever H' gives us, we'll be as happy as can be. Reminded myself of that original convo, cuz I got a Bracha from a chashuva person yesterday to have twins- girl and boy, that's why this incident came to mind, and figured I might as well ask for curiosity.
Edited, even though we'd both love to make a pidyon haben, that's not the reason I asked this question. As mentioned above, it was the Bracha of this chashuva person that caused the op to pop in my head, and therefore was curious to know if whatever that person told me was true.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 9:42 am
amother wrote:
Someone told me that when delivering twins of the opposite gender, the girls are always born first. Mothers of twins of opposite genders, is it true?

My nephew was born first, via emergency c

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 10:12 am
My boy/girl twins were delivered via c-section. Boy was born first. We knew he would be, based on his position all along. (He was Baby A.)

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 10:14 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

chatz

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 10:30 am
Boy was born first. Boy/girl twins. Natural delivery. Easiest labor of all my kids so far.

I find it weird that a doctor would say that the girl is always first. Does he deliver a lot of twins?

Anyways op, whatever it will be, it should be healthy and smooth and only brachos.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 10:51 am
The answer is no. There is no blanket statement for these kind of things.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 11:37 am
I had twins vaginally. My girl was first. She was “baby A” from early on - she was positioned lower so we knew she’d be the first out.

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 12:57 pm
Thank you so so much all for your warm wishes... I'm so touched

cnc

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:37 pm
My friend had twins . The boy was born first-she made a pidyon haben.

doodlesmom

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 2:44 pm
Just wondering if baby a is positioned lower then if there is a c-section does baby b come out first - making him or her older?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Jan 25 2019, 3:19 pm
smileforamile wrote:
My mother and uncle are twins. Uncle was born first via C-section.

I don't see why it matters, though- unless it's an issue of a pidyon haben... I'm not sure what the Halacha is with twins, either way.

ETA: just saw op's clarification. Bsha'a tova, OP! May it be an easy, smooth, and uneventful pregnancy and delivery, and may you give birth to healthy, thriving children. I totally understand why you dream of a pidyon haben, it would be a special zechus. (I'm a bas Levi, so even though my oldest I still a boy, I didn't have that particular zechus.)

Amen! Thanks so much!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more