Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Fridge Humidity Controls- Help!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sat, Jan 26 2019, 10:18 pm
So I BH got a new fridge... it is quite lovely but it has all these "new" sections I don't know about. Ok, some of these things might be ancient innovations but I am not used to it so please assist! (And BH the fridge is so much quieter....) It is also much bigger so it is good to know if there are things like fruits and vegetables that have not been refrigerated due to space and will be fresher in there.

For instance, humidity controlled boxes. They can be set to low or high, but I don't know what should be put into each section and at what humidity!!

We have a section called "fresh fridge" that can make it even colder. They say to put deli, cheese and fresh fish there. Any other advice on what to put there?

I just want to keep my food as fresh and less likely to spoil as long as possible and cannot for the life of me see what to put where!
Where should I put:
- bag of yeast
- lettuce/leafy greens
- citrus fruits (we have been keeping it on the counter for now but now that we have a bigger fridge can they go inside?).
- Tomatoes (I was told not to put them in the fridge but what about in one of those sections?)
- eggs
- other vegetables: cucumbers, celery, avocado?
- other fruits: apples, bananas,

Does it matter if the fruit/vegetables have been cut up or not? Like a pineapple or melon.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 2:05 am
BUMP!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics