Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Wwyd: vacation on Monday and I have a bad cold and...

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 9:25 am
Hi. I planned a vacation starting tomorrow morning, and I have a bad cold since Thursday. On top of that, some of my kids are also a little sick (one's got a runny nose over shabbos, 1 with ear infection + slight cold, the other's throat hurts). On one hand I'm thinking if I need to postpone, on the other hand I think it's not so bad, it's ok to go away like this and I'm mostly "reiza fever" that's making me nervous and guilty.

What would you do?

animeme

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 9:39 am
Are you flying? How long is the vacation?

amother
Orange

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 9:47 am
Yes. Just Monday thru Thursday night. Planning to send the kids away tonight though.
I even made rushed passports...

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 10:06 am
Not so fair if you are putting your kids up at others' while you are away. Not fair to your kids or their hosts, imo. If they are coming along with you, it depends if they are contagious.

cuffs

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
Hi. I planned a vacation starting tomorrow morning, and I have a bad cold since Thursday. On top of that, some of my kids are also a little sick (one's got a runny nose over shabbos, 1 with ear infection + slight cold, the other's throat hurts). On one hand I'm thinking if I need to postpone, on the other hand I think it's not so bad, it's ok to go away like this and I'm mostly "reiza fever" that's making me nervous and guilty.

What would you do?

I would go and just bring a lot of advil and tylenol. This is life there's always going to be something that will make the vacation not perfect. Even if you postpone something else can come up then.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 10:11 am
amother wrote:
Yes. Just Monday thru Thursday night. Planning to send the kids away tonight though.
I even made rushed passports...

Do their hosts know they are sick?

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 10:12 am
amother wrote:
Not so fair if you are putting your kids up at others' while you are away. Not fair to your kids or their hosts, imo. If they are coming along with you, it depends if they are contagious.
This is what it comes down to IMO. I would be very very upset if I had agreed to take your kids and you sent them knowing they're sick (beyond a mild cold). I also can't fathom knowingly leaving behind young, sick kids (again, beyond a mild cold) unless you have no choice. That's so sad for them.

Wishing them a refuah shelaima. Hopefully they will all feel better later today.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:18 pm
Who are kids staying by?
Is it close family? Someone they’re very comfortable with?
It’s a must to take kid with throat ache for a culture & check up first, make sure it’s not strep etc.
Is kid with ear ache on antibiotics? In a lot of pain?
What about hosts? Are they really ok with it? Capable of giving proper care? Will they feel resentful? Do they have a house full of young kids that will catch it from yours?

IF hosts are 100% ok & able to care for kids properly, & your kids were checked by a doctor, on medicine /not contagious /not in a lot of pain, only then would I go.

I hope it can work, sounds like u have a nice trip planned!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics