Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
S/o European style clothing for adults? Does it exist?

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 8:40 pm
I unfortunately do not live in NY the center of the world. I mean that in the nicest endearing way. I wish I lived in NY. I am from the NY area but live basically in the middle of nowhere now,so I am out of the loop. Do the fancy nice looking European style clothes exist for me? My kids look so cute but I look pretty shleppy. Are there websites or Instagram pages I can look at so I can also look nice and put together?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jan 27 2019, 10:10 pm
I love shopping at Zara.com, they have up to date affordable clothing.

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 6:16 am
amother wrote:
I unfortunately do not live in NY the center of the world ...

I moved from NY to the center of the world.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 6:25 am
Primark. Chanel. German for tall and broad. Tiny Spanish. There's no European ever.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 7:31 am
Try for business casual and change it enough to fit your lifestyle and personal tastes.
Google some images and get a feel for what styles give off the impression that you want.
Shoes make a big difference in the whole look, so keep that in mind.

meme6

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 8:55 am
Blew boutique
Sareka on saddle

Both have websites and beautiful clothing

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:29 am
I don't need a dumb hug just because I happen to know Europe

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:37 am
Ruchel wrote:
I don't need a dumb hug just because I happen to know Europe

Ruchel, I'm also from Europe originally. I think when Americans talk about European clothing, they don't mean that literally. They probably mean something that Americans think of as European. It's a bit like the kosher capon thread, if you saw that. A kosher capon isn't a real capon. It's capon style maybe. American European clothes are probably made in China and look European to Americans.
There you go, folks, throw the tomatoes.
Or define what you mean with European style clothes.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
Ruchel, I'm also from Europe originally. I think when Americans talk about European clothing, they don't mean that literally. They probably mean something that Americans think of as European. It's a bit like the kosher capon thread, if you saw that. A kosher capon isn't a real capon. It's capon style maybe. American European clothes are probably made in China and look European to Americans.

Op asked for European style, not European. She probably means European design, vs American design. Zara would be European style, Gap would not.

turca

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:

It probably has to do with some Jewish group of European background. For those groups, European means good taste and quality.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 1:37 pm
That's so weird. Primark is very European. Tati is very European. Also Chanel and every single odd designer. I'm hugging the amothers who'll never see the world.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 3:24 pm
Monsoon uk. I love their stuff. Also Zara.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:02 am
What is European style clothing?

As Ruchel points out there are European design houses but fashion is pretty international at this point and cross pollinates itself in terms of influence so I don't think of European style per se since there are avant garde designers based in the US and very traditional designers in Europe.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics