Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Zoo Miami or jungle island? Time sensitive

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:18 am
Have you been to both or either? Did you enjoy? Which was better? Two adults and a 3 year old.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:22 am
Jungle island is smaller and more manageable for a three year old probably. Zoo Miami is big and beautiful but lots of walking (or you can rent family bikes). It depends if he specifically wants to see certain animals.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:41 am
amother wrote:
Jungle island is smaller and more manageable for a three year old probably. Zoo Miami is big and beautiful but lots of walking (or you can rent family bikes). It depends if he specifically wants to see certain animals.

Is jungle island more hands on? Can you meet the animals?
We have a stroller so walking is not an issue. And anyway, he loves to walk.

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:55 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Is jungle island more hands on? Can you meet the animals?
We have a stroller so walking is not an issue. And anyway, he loves to walk.

I haven't been to jungle island since they renovated last year, so I'm not completely sure about the exhibits. They used to have a petting/feeding zoo where you can go inside the pen with farm animals. They also had an area where you can feed other animals, I forgot which. You do get to see the animals closer up usually than at the zoo. The enclosures are smaller. You could take pictures with parrots on you, and they often walked around with other creatures like snakes that you could pet and hold. Not sure if any of that changed since the remodeling.

mrsjay

Post Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:56 am
I’ve been to both multiple times they are both really nice definitely rent the bikes by Miami zoo if u go....either way their both great
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics