Home

Stunting Growth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

randomommy

Post  Mon, Jan 28 2019, 9:13 pm
Hi,
I am wondering if anyone has considered and/or done growth attenuation. I am looking for an endocrinologist in the new york area that is familiar with this and can advise us and possibly go ahead with the treatment. I know this is controversial, I am not looking for anyone's opinions or input. I am simply looking for medical guidance and advise. Thank You!

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Jan 28 2019, 10:39 pm
This Is not the forum likely to have guidance for you. I am sure you are in touch with people who work with the severely disabled and they will know who people go to.

amother

Magenta

Post  Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:49 pm
ectomorph wrote:
This Is not the forum likely to have guidance for you. I am sure you are in touch with people who work with the severely disabled and they will know who people go to.

Just asking out of curiosity - is growth attenuation only done for severely disabled? Or is it that term inclusive for all of the combined treatments that halts the development of a child?

amother

Brunette

Post  Mon, Jan 28 2019, 11:58 pm
amother wrote:
Just asking out of curiosity - is growth attenuation only done for severely disabled? Or is it that term inclusive for all of the combined treatments that halts the development of a child?

No, it's not only done for severely disabled children.
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant) A Safe Haven