Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Does anyone want to sell Jewish stuff on a new website?

Do you want to sell Jewish / Israeli / Kosher stuff online?
No  
 53%  [ 35 ]
Yes  
 9%  [ 6 ]
I need more information  
 36%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 65

michal1

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:07 am
NoWe're trying to figure out if people see the opportunity in a new amazon type jewish website, where you can sell anything jewish or israeli or kosher related products.

Does anyone think they can make money off such a site? Meaning, people make money on amazon, but this is geared to products mentioned above.

The benefits of such a site is that you can browse items in categories intended for these kinds of products. Meaning, when you go to amazon you can't just browse for jewish items, you have to do searches, and when you do a search you first have to know what you are searching for. In this new website you can just browse thousands of items, it's a lot of fun, and you won't believe what kind of products are out there!

Whenever I buy gifts for family, I never find anything cool, and with this new site I am amazed at how many cool stuff there is that is cultural and meaningful.

We would love your feedback on this!

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:25 am
Sounds like a familiar concept- didn’t someone once try a similar site?

mom2mysouls

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:31 am
My first concern would be dealing with returns, refunds, exchanges...

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:35 am
There already is this concept. I forgot the name of the website.

gande

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:26 pm
There was such a site. Yidclick I think. It was exorbitantly expensive and not so user friendly. So if you can keep prices low and have an great site and customer service it might be an idea. You need to become really big for it to be viable

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:51 pm
AliExpress, Ebay, and Amazon pretty much own the world. If you can beat those prices, you could write a book about how you made a profit. It would be an instant best seller, because nobody has come up with a better system.

The huge wholesale companies have even taken over Etsy, and finding things that are actually hand made (and not by children in 3rd world countries) is getting harder and harder every day.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers