Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
HEEEEEEEELLLLPPPP need exterminator or magic trick!

red sea

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 8:44 am
We woke up to tonz of antz this morning and I ran to call the exterminator that we've used since forever and he SOLD the co to some place that charges a MINT! There are ants everywhere! Does anyone in brooklyn have a good place (that has nice pple that dont spray all your stuff - just the floor? that dont charge 250 plus tax just to show up at your door? SOS, we dont like bugs!!!!!!!!!! TIA (if you know anything I can do myself plz tell)

amother

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 9:00 am
call Anthony-the nicest Italian man.
for $40 only -you will have no bugs or antz!he does not spray all the house with poison only where needed and babies can crawl on the floor right after!!!!!!!!! 347-406-2804

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 06 2007, 9:04 am
do you want my hat, wand, or bunny rabbit ...

or you could go to the store ... and buy some ant spray kill the ant you see, and spray the circumference of the walls at the base ... all by yourself - for maybe $10 (whatever the stuff costs)

red sea

Post Fri, Dec 07 2007, 12:17 pm
Thanks and green your attitude calmed me down some about the ants , ty.

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 07 2007, 12:21 pm
glad you're calm ... now what about the ants are they still having a party or you sent them a packin ...

Motek

Post Fri, Dec 07 2007, 1:21 pm
how about COMBAT for ants?

mamacita

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 4:29 pm
Boric acid mixed with some sugar will do it. They take it back to the queen and it'll kill the whole colony. If you can't get a hold of boric acid, it's one of the main ingredient in contact lens solution and that's what we used. We just saved the used solution from our cases for a few days, then added sugar, put on a small plate in the middle of the ant party, and viola! No ants, B"H. Smile hatzlacha!

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 9:11 pm
ants will not cross a line of cinnamon, so try to round them up by sprinkling some wherever they are. it's not poisonous, and your house will smell good. there's a good side to ants...

greenfire

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 10:27 pm
or you could give them sufganiot l'kovod chanuka ... just don't tell them it ain't powdered sugar ... Twisted Evil

mumoo

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 11:21 pm
also cornstarch. they bring it back to their friends but they can't digest it and it kills them

avimom

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 11:41 pm
try ant "motels". They worked for us- ten times better than the spray (it stank!)

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 8:40 pm
Good grief... Just listen to be Greenie and buy Raid!

mltjm

Post Wed, Sep 16 2009, 9:18 pm
mamacita wrote:
Boric acid mixed with some sugar will do it. They take it back to the queen and it'll kill the whole colony. If you can't get a hold of boric acid, it's one of the main ingredient in contact lens solution and that's what we used. We just saved the used solution from our cases for a few days, then added sugar, put on a small plate in the middle of the ant party, and viola! No ants, B"H. Smile hatzlacha!

Kinda makes you wonder about WHAT exactly we are putting into are eyes. shock
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics