Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What Are You Passionate About?
1  2  Next

PurpleHeart

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 12:58 pm
When there's a conversation going on around you, which topic gets you onto your soapbox?

I have to think about my answer to this, but curious as to what gets other people going.

ETA: And do you have any particular reason this topic riles you up?

Last edited by PurpleHeart on Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:11 pm
Vaccines

Politics

If you pay full tuition/ go on vacation/ go away with your grandmother to a hotel for Pesach

When is the right time to start Pesach cleaning

glamourmom

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:54 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Vaccines

Politics

If you pay full tuition/ go on vacation/ go away with your grandmother to a hotel for Pesach

When is the right time to start Pesach cleaning

are these urs or the options for a poll you want to add? Wink

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 1:54 pm
What upsets you, or what are you enthusiastic about?

I am enthusiastic about art.

I'm upset by the patriarchy.

Zehava

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:14 pm
Child abuse
Injustice
Inner happiness

glamourmom

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:25 pm
equal rights for all not only in politics but also in every day life.

live and let live, not jumping down people throats. let people do what they want.. minding one's own business. it irks me when people try to tell others what they may or may not do and why.
I feel a rant coming on in my head.

Last edited by glamourmom on Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:26 pm
Sinas Chinam and lack of acceptance of others that are different than you. And under the same theme, the schools not accepting people that don't fit into a black or white box.

Keeping up with the Kleins, peer pressure and problems of gashmius focus within our communities.

little neshamala

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:44 pm
Stupid kallah teachers

The lack of cholov yisroel ice cream flavors when compared to chalav stam. (Yes im actually passionate about it. Its really hard!!) And no equivalent to dunkin donuts or reeses...

Stupid kallah teachers

And also, stupid kallah teachers

ETA- BH I had a wonderful kallah teacher myself

Last edited by little neshamala on Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

ectomorph

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:46 pm
Realizing that men are human and women's bad behavior often goes unchecked because it's not as overt.

rgr

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:44 pm
Im passionate about my pillow

dankbar

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:32 pm
2 sore topics I've got....bc I'm experiencing the fall-outs of both but don't want to name under my name

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:35 pm
little neshamala wrote:
Stupid kallah teachers

The lack of cholov yisroel ice cream flavors when compared to chalav stam. (Yes im actually passionate about it. Its really hard!!) And no equivalent to dunkin donuts or reeses...

Stupid kallah teachers

And also, stupid kallah teachers

ETA- BH I had a wonderful kallah teacher myself

This this this.

And I had a stupid kallah teacher myself.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:42 pm
The lack of individuality in the frum world and by extension, teaching kids to think for themselves and make good choices.

The prevalence of Government fraud and getting rid of it.

Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition.

Oh and once again, horrible kallah teachers who should not be in business should uh... not be in business.

chicco

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:48 pm
Chinuch in general. That includes kallah teachers, but also I think most schools are missing the boat in terms of teaching our children what it means to be bnai Torah.

I get passionate about parents taking responsibility for the raising of their children and in cultivating good middos within them.

I get passionate about the lack of derech eretz in the world.

I get passionate about giving. I get passionate about building and maintaining good relationships.

I get passionate about doing the right thing, whatever that is in those circumstances.

I get passionate about people taking responsibility for that which they should.

Honestly, I get passionate about anything that interests me.

gingertop

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:15 pm
Bad historical analogies, especially re: Holocaust. Really drives me up the wall.

Bad education.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:20 pm
PurpleHeart wrote:
When there's a conversation going on around you, which topic gets you onto your soapbox?

I have to think about my answer to this, but curious as to what gets other people going.

ETA: And do you have any particular reason this topic riles you up?

People who flaunt that they’ve gone OTD, publicly badmouth and blame the entire community as justification for it, and then expect sympathy.

Optione

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:23 pm
I get very passionate when people put down teachers and all of their hard work- as if they choose to have close to 30 students per class, not enough electives or p.e., an entitling parent body and therefore entitled students, and such a pressuring society.

tweek

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:02 pm
That Yiddishkeit is supposed to be pleasant and I get very passionate whenI feel that people are presenting it otherwise!

That people have innate goodness and wisdom and don't need others to dictate and teach them how to be in every small aspect of their lives.

People fixing things that are wrong in society for themselves and their families and not waiting for the "they shoulds" to come along and fix it for them.

I'm sure I have many more. Will post as I think of them.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:45 pm
One of my pet peeves is when people complain about being forced to live with luxurious standards and want to ban them for everyone, instead of working on their middos and just being happy with what they have and not being jealous of those who have more. And I say this as someone who is lower middle class, ie, without the benefits of being poor enough or rich enough.

oakandfig19

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:48 pm
Objectification of women, whether it’s p*orn or blurring a woman’s face- each extreme takes you full circle.

Not taking responsiblity for yourself and blaming others. This can include, blurring women because you’ve forgotten that as a man you have the mitzva to not stare inappropriately at women, while women don’t have the mitzva to wear burqas. On the other end, it could also include saying that women can get naked and drunk and men should all behave perfectly, which is insane considering there are many predators in this world and we should protect ourselves.

When men and women alike think it’s the wice’s job to sacrifice everything for their husbands Torah learning, without realizing that Hashem has a unique plan for everyone and that not everyone is reaching their potential being in Kollel/a kollel wife.

Being unsympathetic to those who have gone off the derech. Blaming them for complaining rather than really trying to figure out what went wrong and how we can help them.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics