Home

“The Inmates Are Running The Asylum”
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Cheiny

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:25 pm
https://www.vosizneias.com/315.....s-wh/

Quote:
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Katie Hill, Rashida Tlaib and others now have seats on the powerful House Oversight and Reform Committee — a sign that Democratic leaders want their social media savvy and star power front and center of investigations into the Trump administration. In return, the new members get a platform on which to polish their good-government bona fides. And the bet among senior Democrats is that more experienced committee members will help harness the newcomers’ energy, fame and know-how as the blandly-named panel turns its spotlight on the White House ahead of the 2020 elections.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 2:28 pm
The further to the left the Democrats go, the better it is for the country.

amother

Amber

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:19 pm
Cheiny wrote:
https://www.vosizneias.com/315390/2019/01/28/washington-5-house-freshmen-get-seats-on-panel-probing-trumps-wh/

Its busy work to keep them occupied with completely irrelevant nonsense as an attempt to keep their behavior under control and out of the spotlight. Good for them.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:23 pm
amother wrote:
Its busy work to keep them occupied with completely irrelevant nonsense as an attempt to keep their behavior under control and out of the spotlight. Good for them.

Their behavior will be in the spotlight. It's an effort to show support for the left and the young people. Bernie Sanders may have been the candidate if not for Hillary's corrupt political tricks.

amother

Natural

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:25 pm
Squishy wrote:
The further to the left the Democrats go, the better it is for the country.

And this is what is absurd about politics in the US. Just because you side with the Republicans, why one earth would you want to risk a far-left president?

amother

Orange

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:26 pm
Your topic is in quotes. Are you quoting the comments section of the article?

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:40 pm
amother wrote:
And this is what is absurd about politics in the US. Just because you side with the Republicans, why one earth would you want to risk a far-left president?

I don't really side with the Republicans. I side with whose policies are best for the country. Right now Trump's policies are best for disenfranchised Americans. They are the best policies for those on the lowest rungs of the economic ladder. They are the best for the middle class getting squeezed supporting illegal immigrant cheap labor. The redistribution of money to the corporation world by importing cheap labor is wrong.

Most Americans are not brain dead. I have faith that America is not ready for a far left President.

amother

Natural

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:53 pm
Squishy wrote:
I don't really side with the Republicans. I side with whose policies are best for the country. Right now Trump's policies are best for disenfranchised Americans. They are the best policies for those on the lowest rungs of the economic ladder. They are the best for the middle class getting squeezed supporting illegal immigrant cheap labor. The redistribution of money to the corporation world by importing cheap labor is wrong.

Most Americans are not brain dead. I have faith that America is not ready for a far left President.

That's silly.

As you can see, the far-left is picking up, and if it rises even more, as you are apparently gloating about, then there's a good chance for a far-left (or too-left for Jews) president.

It's happening in the rest of the western world, not sure why you think the US is immune.

amother

Violet

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:03 pm
B'H thus far at least they are "only" running the dem party and nothing else...still...

simcha2

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:14 pm
Squishy wrote:

Sources please.

Is the redistribution of money to corporations through the tax act ok?

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:28 pm
amother wrote:
That's silly.

As you can see, the far-left is picking up, and if it rises even more, as you are apparently gloating about, then there's a good chance for a far-left (or too-left for Jews) president.

It's happening in the rest of the western world, not sure why you think the US is immune.

I lived through one populist uprising and all the dire predictions. I wouldn't say the US is immune, I would say that we aren't in danger yet.

amother

Coral

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:34 pm
Squishy wrote:

Yeah.

For example, the federal contract worker at the lowest rung of the economic ladder who are not getting back pay -- they're thrilled with Trump, I'm sure.

http://fortune.com/2019/01/29/.....-pay/

His proposals to cut SNAP, or to move to a "food box" (thankfully rejected) must be thrilling as well.

He's repeatedly proposed deep cuts to Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security and the ACA.

Federal contractors have sent more jobs overseas under Trump than ever before; in his first year alone federal contractors outsourced 10,269 jobs while taking over $19 billion in government money.

Any of this sound good for American workers yet?

amother

Olive

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:41 pm
amother wrote:
That's silly.

You know you can be considered “far-left” and be Jewish right!? 🤔 I consider myself in that category.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:49 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Sources please.

Is the redistribution of money to corporations through the tax act ok?

Open your eyes and look at the indicators. We have the lowest level of unemployment for a number of disenfranchised groups.

Ancient Chinese Proverb say:

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Giving away money and services creates multi generational dependence. Allowing people to have a job and earn their bread is the best way to foster independence and pride. A good economy helps the weakest.

I will be glad to talk tax laws, please tell me which one you are referring to. Are you referring to the tax laws that force people to support the illegal aliens who come here to provide cheap corporate labor? We can talk about school tax which educates illegal aliens. How about county tax which provides free health services for illegal aliens and tourists but doesn't do the same for Americans. How about NYS tax which provides higher education for illegal aliens? Shall we discuss Federal tax which pays for the net drain these people cost our society?

Who do you think pays the $116 billion annual nut?

'That estimate appeared based on a paper by FAIR, which released an updated report in 2017 that claimed taxpayers “shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens” at the federal, state and local levels, with “a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664.” '

amother

Coral

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:00 pm
Squishy wrote:
Open your eyes and look at the indicators. We have the lowest level of unemployment for a number of disenfranchised groups.

'

Real wage growth, however, is zero.

Moreover, Americans continue to be underemployed. There are 4.6 million Americans who are involuntary part-time workers, compared with 3.9 million in 2006 and less than 3.2 million in 2000. The Affordable Care Act requires at least 95% of employees who work 30 hours a week to be insured; I'm sure that the increased use of part time workers is no coincidence.

So while low unemployment rates are wonderful, they don't tell the whole story.

And I'm not going to engage in your usual diatribe against illegal aliens.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:10 pm
The stuff coming out about Rashida Tlaib just keeps getting worse and worse. She's making Steve King look comparatively benign.

simcha2

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:03 pm
Squishy wrote:

Ancient Chinese Proverb say:

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Giving away money and services creates multi generational dependence. Allowing people to have a job and earn their bread is the best way to foster independence and pride. A good economy helps the weakest.

I will be glad to talk tax laws, please tell me which one you are referring to. Are you referring to the tax laws that force people to support the illegal aliens who come here to provide cheap corporate labor? We can talk about school tax which educates illegal aliens. How about county tax which provides free health services for illegal aliens and tourists but doesn't do the same for Americans. How about NYS tax which provides higher education for illegal aliens? Shall we discuss Federal tax which pays for the net drain these people cost our society?

Who do you think pays the $116 billion annual nut?

'That estimate appeared based on a paper by FAIR, which released an updated report in 2017 that claimed taxpayers “shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens” at the federal, state and local levels, with “a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664.” '

I'm talking about the tax and job act of 2017.

You still didn't give any sources to price your point about Trump making the most economic sense for the middle and lower class. Waiting.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:06 pm
amother wrote:
Real wage growth, however, is zero.

Moreover, Americans continue to be underemployed. There are 4.6 million Americans who are involuntary part-time workers, compared with 3.9 million in 2006 and less than 3.2 million in 2000. The Affordable Care Act requires at least 95% of employees who work 30 hours a week to be insured; I'm sure that the increased use of part time workers is no coincidence.

So while low unemployment rates are wonderful, they don't tell the whole story.

And I'm not going to engage in your usual diatribe against illegal aliens.

Not listening

Squishy

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:07 pm
Fox wrote:
The stuff coming out about Rashida Tlaib just keeps getting worse and worse. She's making Steve King look comparatively benign.

But those still described non- thing posters won't condemn the left.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 7:07 pm
[quote removed]

I'm not a fan of casual Nazi comparisons, but here's an idea: I gather you think that Squishy's use of the comparison was inaccurate or minimizes the Holocaust. How about making an actual argument rather than telling her how disgusting you find her.

Then, in turn, she can present the reasons she feels her comparison is apropos.

Even if people don't agree with you, it gives them something to think about.

Or, hey, you can keep telling people how disgusting you find them. I don't recall that being one of the classical persuasion techniques, but maybe I had a bad translation of Cicero.
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h