Home

Actor with Jewish Father Attacked, Told This is MAGA Country
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Coffee

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:29 pm
Jussie Smollett, an actor whose father is Jewish and mother African American Christian, was hospitalized after being attacked by two men who brutally beat him, poured an unknown chemical (which some cites identify as bleach) on him, wrapped a rope around his neck, and told him, "This is MAGA country."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/a.....9227d5425a

ectomorph

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:43 pm
Chicago police deny the claim https://reason.com/blog/2019/0.....-jussie-sm

simcha2

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 3:51 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Chicago police deny the claim https://reason.com/blog/2019/0.....-jussie-sm

I have no skin in the game either way, but to be precise, according to the article you posted, they don't deny it, they say they don't have that information.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:33 pm
All of the major news outlets have stopped running the "MAGA country" detail pending corroboration.

I feel horrible that this happened, but the idea that Chicago is "MAGA country" is pretty funny. There are maybe five Trump voters in the city, and I went to bed early last night. I can't personally provide an alibi for Rachel Fulton Brown, but it doesn't seem her type, either. My DD, Clementine, was on a plane to EY last night. So we really only have to account for a few more people.

amother

Cyan

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:37 pm
https://www.chicagomag.com/cit.....President/

While Clinton won the city handily, there were more than 132,000 Trump voters in Chicago so I don't think Fox can claim to account for all of them.

amother

Coffee

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:44 pm
Fox wrote:
All of the major news outlets have stopped running the "MAGA country" detail pending corroboration.

I feel horrible that this happened, but the idea that Chicago is "MAGA country" is pretty funny. There are maybe five Trump voters in the city, and I went to bed early last night. I can't personally provide an alibi for Rachel Fulton Brown, but it doesn't seem her type, either. My DD, Clementine, was on a plane to EY last night. So we really only have to account for a few more people.

You think your daughter would assault a man and place a noose around his neck?

Or you just think its hysterical that it happened?

I do apologize for reporting what was in the media at the time. Let's see what happens as the story develops.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:56 pm
amother wrote:
You think your daughter would assault a man and place a noose around his neck?

Or you just think its hysterical that it happened?

I do apologize for reporting what was in the media at the time. Let's see what happens as the story develops.

No offense, but what on earth are you thinking?

I made it extremely clear that I was making a joke about Chicago being characterized as "MAGA country" -- not about the assault itself. Your attempt to portray my comment as inappropriate is ridiculously dishonest. But since you're hiding behind Amother, you already know that.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 4:58 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.chicagomag.com/city-life/November-2016/Chicago-Election-Results-President/

While Clinton won the city handily, there were more than 132,000 Trump voters in Chicago so I don't think Fox can claim to account for all of them.

Lol! 132K votes? In Chicago, that means about five people. 😁

amother

Cyan

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:04 pm
Fox wrote:
Lol! 132K votes? In Chicago, that means about five people. 😁

Maybe, if Chicago had a population of 42 people.

Statistically about 1 in 8 people in Chicago voted for Trump. It's a large number. Not unthinkable that out of 132,000 there could be two bad apples.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:14 pm
amother wrote:
Maybe, if Chicago had a population of 42 people.

Statistically about 1 in 8 people in Chicago voted for Trump. It's a large number. Not unthinkable that out of 132,000 there could be two bad apples.

Um, you do realize I was joking about Chicago's long-standing reputation for voter fraud, right?

amother

Cyan

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:16 pm
Fox wrote:
Um, you do realize I was joking about Chicago's long-standing reputation for voter fraud, right?

Are you saying someone is inflating the number of Republican voters in Chicago?

ectomorph

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:18 pm
simcha2 wrote:
I have no skin in the game either way, but to be precise, according to the article you posted, they don't deny it, they say they don't have that information.

Most of these stories have turned out to be hoaxes, including every one of the hujab ones. Let's wait and see if it's corroborated.

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 5:20 pm
amother wrote:
Are you saying someone is inflating the number of Republican voters in Chicago?

Lol! I don't know how many voters are registered. With a population of about 6 million in the metro area, I'm guessing we have no more than 200-300 million voters. 😁

Fox

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:31 pm
So apparently Mr. Smollett didn't claim his attackers were white, used homophobic slurs, or were MAGA aficionados. Apparently an anonymous source told TMZ these details. TMZ, for those of you who are blessedly unaware, is a celebrity gossip site known for their cozy relationship with Kris Jenner and breathless coverage of feuds between various rappers.

Of course, broken analog clocks are right twice a day, but so far it sounds like Mr. Smollett was attacked by some generic criminals.

ectomorph

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:34 pm
Fox wrote:
So apparently Mr. Smollett didn't claim his attackers were white, used homophobic slurs, or were MAGA aficionados. Apparently an anonymous source told TMZ these details. TMZ, for those of you who are blessedly unaware, is a celebrity gossip site known for their cozy relationship with Kris Jenner and breathless coverage of feuds between various rappers.

Of course, broken analog clocks are right twice a day, but so far it sounds like Mr. Smollett was attacked by some generic criminals.

Shocking. Let's just wait for the articles about what we can learn from this even though this example isn't true.

dancingqueen

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 6:42 pm
https://www.google.com/amp/s/a.....y/5111396/

According to this article, Jussie himself told police that the attackers said MAGA.

amother

Magenta

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 7:59 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Shocking. Let's just wait for the articles about what we can learn from this even though this example isn't true.

We're still left with a guy who was beaten up.. or did that not happen either?

ectomorph

Post  Tue, Jan 29 2019, 9:42 pm
amother wrote:
We're still left with a guy who was beaten up.. or did that not happen either?
yes well apparently it has now been clarified that this never happened (the maga comments)

imasoftov

Post  Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:39 am
Fox wrote:

As of now the articles are still up on their websites

CBS
CNN
FOX
NBC
ABC

imasoftov

Post  Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:40 am
ectomorph wrote:
yes well apparently it has now been clarified that this never happened (the maga comments)

It has?
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h