Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to Florida - are you sure an enhanced license enough?

Its Friday

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:32 pm
Are you sure enhanced licensed is enough from NYC to another state? My DH is stuborn about taking only that as oposed to his passport. TIA

alef12

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:34 pm
You do not need a passport to travel within the country. A drivers license is enough.

flowergirl10

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:41 pm
I just went from ny last week. A regular lisence was enough.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:44 pm
A passport is not required unless you're leaving the country.

nchr

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 10:50 pm
Right now, a regular license will be fine, but some airports will soon be requiring a Passport Card or an enhanced License, even for domestic travel. Passports are required for international travel.

*Edited to distinguish between domestic and international travel.

Last edited by nchr on Tue, Jan 29 2019, 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Its Friday

Post Tue, Jan 29 2019, 11:03 pm
Thanks! He has enhance license. I have passprt

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:32 am
We recently traveled domestic with a regular drivers license and a non drivers id. Both were accepted just fine.

Its Friday

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:49 am
Thanks!

groisamomma

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 12:55 am
What's an enhanced license?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 1:21 am
I don't understand. Are you driving or flying?

If driving, why wouldn't your NY State license suffice?

Its Friday

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 2:36 am
amother wrote:
I don't understand. Are you driving or flying?

If driving, why wouldn't your NY State license suffice?

Im flying bezras Hashem

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 6:38 am
When I couldn't find my license, I flew with 2 picture id's and a pat down.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:08 am
groisamomma wrote:
What's an enhanced license?

https://tinyurl.com/enhancedlicense
which redirects to the next link, which doesn't work due to the apostrophe
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enhanced_driver's_license

yo'ma

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 8:56 am
It's not the license or passport that's needed to board from state to state, it's the flying itself. You don't need id to enter another state. The passport is proof of citizenship which you need from country to country unless of course it's own borders Rolling Eyes . I don't know the difference between enhanced and not of the license as in proof of id.

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 9:14 pm
I recently flew with my regular license. I had my passport just in case. I actually needed the passport to use the kiosk to print my ticket as I didn't have the other information they would have accepted.

Some states requirements for licenses do not ask for as much info as other states. Those states have unenhanced licenses, and will soon not be acceptable for domestic travel by air. Some states are slowly switching to enhanced licenses. I plan on getting mine in March or April when they become available here in Pennsylvania.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 9:47 pm
shanie5 wrote:
I recently flew with my regular license. I had my passport just in case. I actually needed the passport to use the kiosk to print my ticket as I didn't have the other information they would have accepted.

Some states requirements for licenses do not ask for as much info as other states. Those states have unenhanced licenses, and will soon not be acceptable for domestic travel by air. Some states are slowly switching to enhanced licenses. I plan on getting mine in March or April when they become available here in Pennsylvania.

If you didn't have any of the info needed at the kiosk (typically reservation number or credit card number) and you didn't have a passport either, you could have waited in line and had the ticket printed by an agent. I know it wasn't an issue for you, I'm just posting this in case anyone reading it thinks they could get stuck without a passport.

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 30 2019, 9:59 pm
amother wrote:
If you didn't have any of the info needed at the kiosk (typically reservation number or credit card number) and you didn't have a passport either, you could have waited in line and had the ticket printed by an agent. I know it wasn't an issue for you, I'm just posting this in case anyone reading it thinks they could get stuck without a passport.

Yeah, but I was flying frontier. They would probably charge for printing the ticket (I know Spirit Air does). But yes, it just saved time (and maybe money).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics