Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Should I call to follow up?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 12:23 am
I got a phone call at 11 pm last night from a woman I know vaguely. She has a son with food allergies and occasionally she calls me to consult since I have a few allergic kids myself. Last night she apologized for the late hour and said that her son had a reaction and she had given him his EpiPen and steroids but his lips were still swollen. She wanted to know if I had ever experienced something similar with my kids.

I told her that it was very important to go to the ER after using the EpiPen, especially if the reaction was still going on (and even if not). She asked me a few more questions which I answered, and then thanked me politely, but I'm not sure I succeeded in convincing her that they had to take him in.

I feel like I should call this morning just to check in and see how he's doing, but if they didn't take him to the hospital, she might feel uncomfortable. Should I avoid calling for that reason? I really am concerned about her son.

mirror

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 12:29 am
I would. If she called you, then she trusts your opinion to some extent. I see no harm. If she didn't take her child to the hospital, there is nothing you can do but say, "Maybe call the pediatrician and let him know." The hardest part will be for you to accept her decision and say, "Let me know if there is anything I can do for you." All you can do is daven.

amother
Red

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 12:48 am
The right thing for YOU to do, in my humble opinion, is to call and see how he is. Most people appreciate that type of call. The fact that they may have done differently to how you advised doesn't affect this, I believe.

dankbar

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 1:30 am
I think you can call to ask how he's doing....nothing wrong & she might appreciate your caring. Some people don't like when others impose their opinion on them ...but in such a case where its a life or death situtation, you do have an obligation to tell her.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Feb 01 2019, 4:21 am
I called. They didn't go, but her son is okay. I think she appreciated the call.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette