Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What would be your one sentence answer to this question?
Previous  1  2  3

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 1:46 pm
pause wrote:
I can't believe I'm the first one to quote the Ramchal:
יסוד החסידות ושורש העבודה התמימה הוא - שיתברר ויתאמת אצל האדם מה חובתו בעולמו וּלְמַה צריך שישים מבטו ומגמתו בכל אשר הוא עמל כל ימי חייו.

והנה, מה שהורונו חז"ל הוא: שהאדם לא נברא אלא להתענג על ה' וליהנות מזיו שכינתו, שזהו התענוג האמיתי והעידון הגדול בכל העידונים שיכולים להימצא.

I can't believe this is the first post! This is so basic! I was going to post this but you beat me to it. Thanks, pause.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 1:53 pm
To bring Godliness into the world and prepare it for Moshiach

Ravenclaw

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 2:00 pm
amother wrote:
To raise my children to be emotionally healthy , happy, god fearing, kind, considerate people. Sounds small but ain’t easy.
To elaborate, sometimes I get the feeling that I want to “conquer the world” and “make an impact”. But in reality, I’m just so so busy with my own little life; my children, my husband , my job, my home (cooking, cleaning , laundry...)
And then I think to myself, that what I’m
Doing is MY purpose on this world. To be aishes chayil and akeres habayis and raising my children to be better Jews, thereby making the world a better place.

This is so true. Think about how many people want to make an impact by helping make the world a better place, right injustice, think of all the Nobel Prize winners... but what better way to do that then to make sure that there are more moral upstanding healthy people in the next generation?

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
To bring Godliness into the world and prepare it for Moshiach

Hello from a fellow chabadnik to another Wink
I was waiting for this answer!

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:11 pm
To make this world a home for HaShem.

Practically speaking how does one do that.
By elevating that which around you, primarily the physical, by utilizing it for its real purpose which is to reveal the inherent godliness with in.

Personally, as a mother, wife, educator to use my particular set of skills and talents that g-d gave me, to do acts of goodness and kindness for those around me. To choose to have control over my thoughts speech and actions.

To raise my children well, to have a home that is open and warm to all.

I could elaborate further.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:18 pm
amother wrote:
No eye dear.

I am not getting this one.

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 9:19 pm
Zehava wrote:
Cynical, practical me: because my mother went for fertility treatment
Empath me: to help others and make the world a better place
Old soul me: to sort of wrap up some past lives and really experience life and see the world without rushing through it.

Lets leave the cynic the empath and the old soul aside. On a day to day basis, why are you here?

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 4:10 am
pause wrote:
יסוד החסידות ושורש העבודה התמימה הוא - שיתברר ויתאמת אצל האדם מה חובתו בעולמו וּלְמַה צריך שישים מבטו ומגמתו בכל אשר הוא עמל כל ימי חייו.

והנה, מה שהורונו חז"ל הוא: שהאדם לא נברא אלא להתענג על ה' וליהנות מזיו שכינתו, שזהו התענוג האמיתי והעידון הגדול בכל העידונים שיכולים להימצא.

I think no one posted it because she asked for one sentence Wink

amother
Brown

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 4:30 am
pause wrote:

I know it is true but I think its a high level to remember and live like this every day.

Kudos to you if this is what you answer to yourself when the question "why am I living?" comes up.

Zehava

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 6:20 am
amother wrote:
Lets leave the cynic the empath and the old soul aside. On a day to day basis, why are you here?

How do you suggest I go about leaving myself aside?

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 6:27 am
amother wrote:
Hello from a fellow chabadnik to another Wink
I was waiting for this answer!

Thought there were more of us here, can't believe I was the first to write that and it was page three Can't Believe It

4pom

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 7:20 am
To stretch myself beyond my comfort level and grow and become a bigger person.
To do this practically right now I’m at radical acceptance of Hashems will - all He is giving me. My nature/ my life situation.
At every stage of life it means something else. Sometimes saying no. Sometimes saying yes. As pause quoted. Its the ramchal that gives the step by step protocol....
And right now I’m (still) at acceptance!

pause

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 7:48 am
amother wrote:
I think no one posted it because she asked for one sentence Wink

The actual answer to the question is one sentence.(להתענג על ה' וליהנות מזיו שכינתו) I posted the whole thing for context.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational