Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Constant reinfestation of hair lice 5.5 yo
Previous  1  2

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 1:49 pm
u r right

Iymnok

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:02 pm
Amother peach, I think you posted in the wrong thread.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:29 pm
thoroughly get rid of the lice. using the chemical shampoo if you need to. once child is fully clean from lice and nits start putting a couple drops of tea tree oil in their shampoo nightly and it will keep the lice away. works really well.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:30 pm
Thank you everyone for these great tips.

I just read online two things.
1, lice like blood type O+ next time I go to the ped I'll ask to check on the file the blood type she has. Also, that once lice suck one blood type, if they go onto someone else's head with a different blood type and they bite, and they get another blood type they die. So if my kids are different blood types, they cannot "give" each other lice.
(This might just be one more area where they are as different as night and day LOL )

I just realized, when I wrote "reinfestation", what I really meant was "reinfection" or that she had lice again. Not that sje was full of it.

Once I counted 20 something lice. But after that I am constantly checking every few days so the most I've ever found when she was reinfected was like 5 or 6 lice. Usually 1 or 2.

But even if she has only 1, it's itchy and so uncomfortable.

I don't want to "just" keep it at bay. I want to get rid of it and keep her clean of it.

I'm going to try the b vitamin and look into that spray.

I'm not afraid of a little chemicals. But those hair lice treatment stuff can be really harsh on the hair. Even natural.
Many years ago, my sister used a "natural" isreali treatment and my nieces hair fell out from it. It was very scary.
And my bil's hair fell out from head and shoulders shampoo!
My kid bh has a healthy head of hair. Nice amount very nice texture. I can't imagine putting crazy stuff on her hair and it chv falling out!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers