Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Covered sheitel/front

flatbush

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:07 pm
I want to switch to a covered sheitel meaning using just the front and double cover. I have no clue where to go to. Anyone know a good sheitel lady in boropark in the chassidish circle that could guide me so it should look professional and not off looking. I know I will get so many stupid comments from people that will see me suddenly changing ... at least I want it to look professional and nice. Anyone know what’s the price range? Any recommendations?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:10 pm
Do you mean a frisette, where only the front of the wig is shown and the back hairline is covered by the hat/frisette?

flatbush

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:12 pm
Yes sorry didn’t know how to write frissete, but yes that’s what I mean.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 7:53 pm
Are you sure you want to jump right to a front? Maybe take it gradual and try a band first.
A frissete is worn in rebbish circles.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 04 2019, 10:49 pm
I'm sure Chany Leitner can help you as she has plenty on clients with bands and the like.

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 2:13 am
Excuse my ignorance, but what is 'rebbish'?

dankbar

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:32 am
Rebbish is stemming from rabbinical dynasty

Israeli_C

Post Tue, Feb 05 2019, 3:42 am
dankbar wrote:
Rebbish is stemming from rabbinical dynasty

Thanks Dankbar! Wow, there are so many nuances in Hasidic dress... I converted and wear things I've seen other hasidic women wearing because I think it looks really elegant... wonder what signals I'm sending out :/

specialmom1

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:25 am
There is someone in BP Faigy Salon that does an excellent job, synthetic only. 929-248-0161.
I also want to say that it's not only the rebbisha that wears a frizzet.The rebbishe would wear it with a tichel, the rest wears it with a hat.

flatbush

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:32 pm
specialmom1 wrote:
There is someone in BP Faigy Salon that does an excellent job, synthetic only. 929-248-0161.
I also want to say that it's not only the rebbisha that wears a frizzet.The rebbishe would wear it with a tichel, the rest wears it with a hat.

Thank you so so much!! Will check it out. Do you know the price range ... so I could know what’s the norm??

Regarding only rebbis wearing frizzet totally not true. All the concept of only rebbish can do certain things... what about tznius?? If you are not rebbish you can not hold of certain minhagim??

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:40 pm
By definition a minhag means traditionally done by your elders. If your elders didn't wear such headwear then it's really not a minhag that you're following, though it's nice to do what you connect with.

flatbush

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:04 pm
ra_mom wrote:
By definition a minhag means traditionally done by your elders. If your elders didn't wear such headwear then it's really not a minhag that you're following, though it's nice to do what you connect with.

It is my husbands minhag since his great grandmother, grandmother wore it. So since they were not rebbish I can’t go after my husbands wish and go after his grandparents minhag?? I’m sorry I sound harsh but those are exactly comments I receive from rebbishe einekelach that think since your father is not a rebbe you have no right to dress like them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels