Home

Did you see the State Of The Union Speech?
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:39 pm
sequoia wrote:
I could think of more useful things.

That's because you're a high-minded individual who would never say something snarky about a second-rate gossip columnist. Unlike some people I could mention!

But if there's ever a Bewitched reboot, we've got Uncle Arthur. Just sayin'

PinkFridge

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Though I recently got my comeuppance on Twitter. I said something snarky about Perez Hilton in a reply (I may or may not have said that he reminds me of a bad Paul Lynde impersonation), and he read it and liked it. And then I picked up a bunch of followers as a result. Since I'm not looking for a high profile on Twitter, it was a whole lot more attention that I'd bargained for. So I'm being good for the time being. Very Happy

Do you mean a bad impersonation of or by Paul Lynde?

(My tic tac toe grid keeps getting messed up. I'm not going to try again.)

Last edited by PinkFridge on Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:45 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do you mean a bad impersonation of or by Paul Lynde?

_I_I_
_I_I_
I I

Lol! Of Paul Lynde! I guess I shouldn't have said it was a bad impersonation; it's actually pretty good. Though without being drunk and abusive, of course.

amother

Brown

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:48 pm
I do not know how anyone would think calling fox snookums could be a sign of sharpening one's intellect

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:50 pm
amother wrote:
I do not know how anyone would think calling fox snookums could be a sign of sharpening one's intellect

Are you saying you don't think I'm the Snookums type? I think I'm totally a Snookums!

Anyway, it's only fair, because I called her Honey.

Plus, the world operates on the concept of middah keneged middah, and I for sure have something coming in exchange for calling Perez Hilton a bad Paul Lynde impersonator.

Last edited by Fox on Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Gold

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:52 pm
amother wrote:

She called me Honey first. She's extremely condescending to anyone she disagrees with, IMNSHO. That doesn't mean that she's not sharp, of course.

amother

Brown

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:52 pm
as far as I am concerned you can call yourself anything you like!

you rock!

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
She called me Honey first. She's extremely condescending to anyone she disagrees with, IMNSHO.

Ah, but I never called you a bad Paul Lynde impersonator! Very Happy

ectomorph

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:00 pm
Fox kudos to you for taking these attacks and remaining calm and logical

amother

Forestgreen

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
I agree that records of who voted and paper ballots are important. But I don't understand how voter IDs provide a paper trail that wouldn't exist otherwise. I don't need ID to vote. I sign my name on the roster at my polling place, then sign a slip of paper that says that I voted, so my polling place does have a record. So what difference exactly would a voter ID make?

I'm curious. Do you not sign a roster or other document when you vote?

I'm not opposed to voter IDs per se. I'm opposed to arbitrary restrictions on the type of ID that is acceptable, especially when they're targeted with surgical precision towards certain groups of voters that might not vote the "right" way. For example, refusing to accept student IDs. I'm also opposed to demanding a certain type of ID but then limiting the times and locations where you can obtain an ID. For example if the only DMV in your area is 20 miles away and open 1 day a week from 12 to 4 (not an exaggeration).

I am very concerned about the use of unverifiable and unauditable barcode voter machines. I suggest following Jennifer Cohn on Twitter. She covers this issue extensively.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jennycohn1?lang=en

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:12 pm
amother wrote:
I'm also opposed to demanding a certain type of ID but then limiting the times and locations where you can obtain an ID. For example if the only DMV in your area is 20 miles away and open 1 day a week from 12 to 4 (not an exaggeration).

I am very concerned about the use of unverifiable and unauditable barcode voter machines. I suggest following Jennifer Cohn on Twitter. She covers this issue extensively.

Agree completely. Electronic voting opens a huge can of worms from every angle. The ID issue is one that we should address holistically. If there are people who can't easily get IDs because of cost or convenience, I consider that a civil rights/social issue independent of voting.

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:15 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Fox kudos to you for taking these attacks and remaining calm and logical

This is kind, but I suspect that Rachel Fulton Brown is having a regrettable emboldening influence on me! Very Happy

If I start to channel my inner Chad Felix and just respond with, "Oh, Honey!" you will be expected to rally the troops and stage an intervention.

amother

Gold

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:15 pm
Fox wrote:
Ah, but I never called you a bad Paul Lynde impersonator! Very Happy

Who is Paul Lynde?

I can barely impersonate myself, let alone anyone else.

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:25 pm
amother wrote:
Who is Paul Lynde?

I can barely impersonate myself, let alone anyone else.

He was an actor who died in the mid-80s. He was famous for his roles on Bewitched and Hollywood Squares.

I BEG OF YOU, GOLD! DO NOT, DO NOT ENCOURAGE ME ON THE TOPIC OF PAUL LYNDE. HAVE MERCY ON YOUR FELLOW IMAMOTHERS!

I met him in my youth, and there is a story that starts with a pink tutu and ends a federal judgeship.

PinkFridge

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:26 pm
Fox wrote:
He was an actor who died in the mid-80s. He was famous for his roles on Bewitched and Hollywood Squares.

I BEG OF YOU, GOLD! DO NOT, DO NOT ENCOURAGE ME ON THE TOPIC OF PAUL LYNDE. HAVE MERCY ON YOUR FELLOW IMAMOTHERS!

I met him in my youth, and there is a story that starts with a pink tutu and ends a federal judgeship.

Do tell. But pm me if you are moved to.
Takeh, I do remember Bewitched, but you know what my first reaction was.

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:29 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Do tell. But pm me if you are moved to.
Takeh, I do remember Bewitched, but you know what my first reaction was.

That's fair! I'll try to write up an amusing version of it, and anyone who wants can ask me to PM it. That will enable me to tell the story without corrupting everyone's morals.

aliavi

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:05 pm
amother wrote:
I'm not opposed to voter IDs per se. I'm opposed to arbitrary restrictions on the type of ID that is acceptable, especially when they're targeted with surgical precision towards certain groups of voters that might not vote the "right" way. For example, refusing to accept student IDs. I'm also opposed to demanding a certain type of ID but then limiting the times and locations where you can obtain an ID. For example if the only DMV in your area is 20 miles away and open 1 day a week from 12 to 4 (not an exaggeration).

There is no vetting process for student IDs nor do students equate to citizens due to school attendance laws. How does that suffice to ensure only citizens who have the legal right to do so vote?

amother

Gold

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:17 pm
aliavi wrote:
There is no vetting process for student IDs nor do students equate to citizens due to school attendance laws. How does that suffice to ensure only citizens who have the legal right to do so vote?

You're conflating two issues.

The first relates to ensuring that only citizens register to vote, which can easily be accomplished through SSN.

The second is ensuring that the correct person is voting. If I have a student ID that has my name and photo, its me. You can match it to the voter registration.

amother

Lavender

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:19 pm
aliavi wrote:

It's pretty easy to get phony student IDs. There are no citizenship requirements to get student ID. Only government issued documents should suffice.

Where I vote, they don't ask for any ID to varify who you are. They have you sign. But you can see a copy of the signature.

amother

Lavender

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:22 pm
amother wrote:
You're conflating two issues.

The first relates to ensuring that only citizens register to vote, which can easily be accomplished through SSN.

The second is ensuring that the correct person is voting. If I have a student ID that has my name and photo, its me. You can match it to the voter registration.

It's easy to alter student IDs. The kids do it all the time to buy alcohol.
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 10 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h