Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you wear modest nightgowns?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

jewishmom6

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:04 am
Pajama top and leggings.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:23 am
amother wrote:
I wear tznius nightgown, (till the floor cuz I can't be bothered wearing socks and I would put on if it was shorter) I also don't get dressed straight away in the morning so I hang around for a few hours like this and would not feel comfortable if it wasn't tznius.
I'm also curious, I change out if my white nightgown before I leave my room, doesn't anyone else? I also take off the (fitted) sheet.
Lubavitch

I don't wear a white nightgown, and I use a white flat sheet that I spread over my bed during 7 nekiim. I find it easier than fitted. I always fold it up and put it under my pillow in the morning, to avoid questions from my kids.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:54 am
For those of you who don't change your white sheet or night wear, do your kids ever ask questions? Like why do you have a different sheet than the pillow case and blanket cover

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:57 am
My kids have zero interest in whether or not we match the sheet

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:57 am
Am I the only one that doesn't wear anything? Dh and I sleep naked, maybe its just a bad habit we developed but were so uncomfortable in clothing at night.
I have a robe that ties in the front, I throw on when leaving the room. That robe is right near my bed.

IrenaFr

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't wear anything? Dh and I sleep naked, maybe its just a bad habit we developed but were so uncomfortable in clothing at night.
I have a robe that ties in the front, I throw on when leaving the room. That robe is right near my bed.

I was wandering that too Smile We sleep naked . Me and my husband keep robes like yours near the bed if we have to go to the children at night. And we close the door from inside.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:05 am
amother wrote:

What about during nidda times. What do you wear? Or do you not?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:05 am
IrenaFr wrote:
I was wandering that too Smile We sleep naked . Me and my husband keep robes like yours near the bed if we have to go to the children at night. And we close the door from inside.

funny story I have to share. When we were first married dh told me that we are really supposed to sleep naked after relations. I hated it and very sooo uncomfortable and cold.
I always asked are you sure abt this? just didnt make sense to me.
He finally asked someone ...what a relief to sleep in comfi pjs!

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:11 am
thunderstorm wrote:

Same for nidda times. Only difference is dh sleeps in his own bed during nidda, otherwise were in the same bed.
Were chassidish but I don't think it should matter. Do what works well for you.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:13 am
For those who sleep sans pjs, don't u find you have to wash your sheets far more often?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:18 am
amother wrote:
For those who sleep sans pjs, don't u find you have to wash your sheets far more often?

Possibly. We shower at night and change linen once a week. Were real comfort poeple and love the feeling of soft linen on the skin

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:21 am
amother wrote:
Same for nidda times. Only difference is dh sleeps in his own bed during nidda, otherwise were in the same bed.
Were chassidish but I don't think it should matter. Do what works well for you.

I don’t understand this. You sleep naked when your nidda? How does that work?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:29 am
amother wrote:
I don’t understand this. You sleep naked when your nidda? How does that work?

Its actually pretty simple, hold up my blanket slip my robe off and get into bed.

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:33 am
momsrus wrote:
Seriously? A lot of things “can” be worn in public, but shouldn’t.

A sports bra is not Tsnius but any stretch of the imagination.

Dancers and people exercising wear them all the time. It is normal attire and not provocative. Doesn't mean I wear them, but doesn't mean someone else cannot.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:35 am
nchr wrote:
Dancers and people exercising wear them all the time. It is normal attire and not provocative. Doesn't mean I wear them, but doesn't mean someone else cannot.

And people wear bikinis or go Topless on the beach. What’s your point?

nchr

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:36 am
amother wrote:
And people wear bikinis or go Topless on the beach. What’s your point?

I don't see a problem with either of those as long as it does not stand out and is appropriate for the location.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:38 am
amother wrote:
Its actually pretty simple, hold up my blanket slip my robe off and get into bed.

[comment removed]

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:49 am
nchr wrote:
I don't see a problem with either of those as long as it does not stand out and is appropriate for the location.

A Frum woman can dress in any way as long as it’s appropriate for the location.

Got it.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
comment removed”

I think this is actually rude. Not the same poster and don't see the connection. Nidda is hard for everyone but under my huge blanket im as covered as you are.

-- I removed the yenitsh comment. No need to compare amothers, especially when its this irreverent to the thread which, by the way, I'm keeping an eye on. - Watergirl as a mod

IrenaFr

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:50 am
thunderstorm wrote:

During nida I wear pj or night gown- its cold to be naked without my husband Smile
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics