Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you dress your kids at night for the next day?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:32 am
I have a few little kids that I need to dress in the morning Rush and be ready on time for work. it becomes so overwhelming. Someone once told me that she dresses her kids at night so they wake up ready. Do you do that?

happyone

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:45 am
are you serious??

essie14

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:47 am
I do not do this but I know people that do.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 1:59 am
amother wrote:
I have a few little kids that I need to dress in the morning Rush and be ready on time for work. it becomes so overwhelming. Someone once told me that she dresses her kids at night so they wake up ready. Do you do that?

If you are even thinking about this, it's time to quit your job.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:03 am
Omg Mad Mad
So your kids will go to school looking like rags???
If you need more time in the morning, either wake up earlier or teach your kids to dress themselves.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:08 am
My suggestion is that you dress YOURSELF the night before. Makeup, perfume, stockings etc. Don't punish your kids because you're overwhelmed.

camp123

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:14 am
I don't do it but I see nothing wrong with it. Little kids who are bathed and have clean sheets don't sweat at night and can wake up clean and ready to go. As long as you put them in comfy clothing. Obviously no tights or tight pants.
We all need to cut corners somewhere and if this means you will be more relaxed with them in the morning then I would suggest your kids are better off.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:28 am
I never needed to do this for school aged kids. I recently started having to leave my house very early so I dress my little one at night for the next morning. At that age what difference does it make if you call it pjs or daytime wear. It's all the same. As for toddlers I've never done it either and if they drink bottles it won't work but tees and leggings or sweatpants are just as comfortable as pjs. Not everyone has kids downing tons of bottles and waking up with an almost exploded pamper.
It doesn't hurt to try. If your kids wake up looking rumpled then I wouldn't do it. By the time they go to school and the clothes aren't so soft and casual, you should teach them to fully or partially dress themselves.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:57 am
my kids take a bath at night and then get clean/fresh underwear and undershirt, socks and pj. the baby gets a fresh diaper bodysuit and pj.

as the boys get dressed by themselves (I prepare their clothes), they have to get their pj off and put zizit, a shirt, sweater and trousers on (undergarnment they keep from last night).

they are 4 and 6. they know they have to take two pieces off and four pieces on Smile

the baby gets a fresh diaper, keeps the bodysuit and gets a rompler on top.

so I guess partially I do dress them the night before but they sleep in comfy pjs. also I need to mention that this is the winter routine, where they dont sweat during the night and they need to layer in order to keep warm during schoolday.

someone

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:18 am
I know people who do this. In fact my 12-year old son's best friend does this and my son has been trying for the last year to persuade me to let him do it too because (this is pretty much a direct quote) he wastes so much time getting into pajamas only to have to take them off the next morning and put on clothes. Nebach, poor kid. It grosses me out and I don't do it but I can see that it saves a lot of time. It's not just the technical aspect of putting clothes on, someone I know who does it said she started it because it saves all the fights of "I don't want to wear that, I want the pink shirt" in the morning when she doesn't have time and instead they have those conversations at night when everyone is more relaxed. And I know everyone is going to say she should pick clothes with them at night, that's what I said to her as well. Apparently the clothes they picked out at night suddenly weren't what they wanted in the morning. But if they are already wearing them they won't take them off and start arguing.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 3:22 am
So not worth it with bedwetters.
I get up early enough, and wake them up early enough. If I’m very good, I’ll even put them to bed early enough that the morning is smoother.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 4:03 am
I do it with my baby. She refuses to let anyone feed her and makes a huge mess feeding herself, so she gets a clean stretchy after dinner. In the mornings I nurse her, get myself and my toddler dressed and then we take the toddler to school and I run some quick errands and then it's back home for "brunch" and the baby gets filthy again and needs a new outfit. I see no point in changing her out of PJs first thing in the morning as long as they're dry. I wouldn't do this with older kids in real clothing though. They'd look rumpled.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 5:48 am
I do! Going amother after seeing the reactions here. My oldest is in primary school, the others go to kindergarten. It really helps save time and discussions in the morning. And they don't look rumpled. The things they wear are wrinkle free. They have a shower in the evening before they get dressed.

DVOM

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:01 am
amother wrote:
Omg Mad Mad
So your kids will go to school looking like rags???
If you need more time in the morning, either wake up earlier or teach your kids to dress themselves.

Oh my goodness, amother, take a deep breath! The OP is looking for creative ways to reduce the morning rush stress. This is something she is thinking about. Relax!

OP, I say go for it. My boys can't do this in the wintertime because they wear heavier and less comfortable clothing to school that would not be uncomfortable to sleep in. But in the summer they almost always get dressed in the next day's t-shirt material shorts and t-shirt after they take the evening bath. This is not something I've asked them to do; it was their own idea. We go to the bungalow colony and they like to be up and out collecting frogs at the crack of dawn. My rule is you have to be dressed before you step out of the bungalow. What better way to get out quick than dressing the night before?

And amother fuschia, my boys do often look like rags. In the winter, this is because I let them choose their own clothing in the morning and their emerging fashion sense is sometimes eye-popping. In the summer, it's because they are muddy, painty, and covered in scrapes. They are confident and happy, so who cares?

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:24 am
I grew up knowing that I had to change my underwear every morning. Other people I knew grew up changing their underwear every evening. Other people I knew didn't wear any underwear at all to sleep.
I have bedwetters. They have to not only get dressed but need to shower or bathe in the morning.
Everyone should do what works for them.
My 12 yr old (the non bedwetter) sometimes (often) goes to bed in his clothes unshowered? Gross, yes. Does that make me a bad mother? No. He's a kid who conks out easily on the couch etc., I'm not going to make a big deal and wake him up because he's not in pjs.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:30 am
Once in a while my Preschooler will ask if he can sleep in his clothing, so I let him pick a t shirt and sweatpants to sleep in.
He does not wake up looking like a rag- he wakes up looking cute as usual.
If this helps a mother cope more easily, I say go for it.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:31 am
People/kids actually do sweat quite a bit at night.
A baby or toddler, ok. Beyond that, there is no way your kids will look near and presentable. Sorry.
Whenever I see these type of threads (or the ones where posters claim that their once weekly showered kids smell perfectly fresh) I roll my eyes. I teach elementary school. No, they don't.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:33 am
What a great idea! I wish I had known about this when my kids were young! Getting out in the morning was a nightmare because dressing all of them was so time-consuming.

Kol hakavod for working to provide for your family. Or to maintain your sanity, whatever the reason.

Sometimes I wish I was a fly on the wall in some amothers' homes. I'd love to see where they cut corners since they seem to have it ALL figured out.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:38 am
amother wrote:
People/kids actually do sweat quite a bit at night.
A baby or toddler, ok. Beyond that, there is no way your kids will look near and presentable. Sorry.
Whenever I see these type of threads (or the ones where posters claim that their once weekly showered kids smell perfectly fresh) I roll my eyes. I teach elementary school. No, they don't.

There's a difference between showering once a week vs. a clean kid putting on clean, wrinkle-free clothing and then sleeping in them.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:09 am
No. Never ever ever. Not my thing. I find it quite unappealing. I get up at 5:15 but would get up earlier if need be in order for everyone to have fresh change of clothes
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics