Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Do you dress your kids at night for the next day?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:10 am
It's not something I've ever needed to do. My kids have just never been the type to take forever to get dressed, but if they were, I probably would have resorted to this. One of them does choose to go to sleep in tomorrow's outfit, because he'd rather have those extra minutes to do other things (don't ask me, I'm not sure what difference those minutes make, but it matters to him). Not something I'm prepared to argue and no, you can't tell he slept in his clothes, so I'm not sure what all this hysteria about looking like "rags" or otherwise not presentable is about.

simba

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:12 am
No. My kids sleep in PJ’s. Even my boy that takes 45 minutes to get dressed!
Never thought of this as an option as it wouldn’t appeal to my own comfort needed to sleep.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:38 am
pesek zman wrote:
No. Never ever ever. Not my thing. I find it quite unappealing. I get up at 5:15 but would get up earlier if need be in order for everyone to have fresh change of clothes

What time do you go to sleep to maintain a wake-up like that?!
I wouldn't dress at night either, but I have a small family. Not sure what I'd do if it were bigger (much as I hope to find out one day!)

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:41 am
I find it very uncomfortable to sleep in anything but nightwear so I couldn't ask my kids to do it. Even if they fall asleep in clothing on a late night drive or a flight, I always change them into PJs when I carry them into bed.

My kids dress themselves from age three and up. I do star charts for anyone who needs the extra motivation and it works well for them.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:42 am
amother wrote:
What time do you go to sleep to maintain a wake-up like that?!
I wouldn't dress at night either, but I have a small family. Not sure what I'd do if it were bigger (much as I hope to find out one day!)

Between 10-11, ideally. Thursday nights (cooking form Shabbos) closer to midnight

ra_mom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:44 am
Is it possible to wake up earlier?

cinnamon

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:48 am
My nine year old who is my neatest kid by far sleeps in his clothes.
He showers the night before, gets dressed and gets into bed. It allows him to sleep ten more minutes and makes his mornings easier so what do I care?
My five year old tried it once and didn't like it so he doesn't.

My girls sometimes sleep in their tights - so they don't have to put them on in the morning sometimes they don't.

The only way I wouldn't want them sleep is in shabbos clothes (that might get ruined) and naked (abviously) other then that - Do whats good for you and your kids.

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:37 am
Only if they’re reliably toilet trained and we have to catch a really, really early plane. If we have to change diapers or there’s a chance of bed wetting, there’s no point.

baby12x

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:41 am
cinnamon wrote:
My nine year old who is my neatest kid by far sleeps in his clothes.
He showers the night before, gets dressed and gets into bed. It allows him to sleep ten more minutes and makes his mornings easier so what do I care?
My five year old tried it once and didn't like it so he doesn't.

My girls sometimes sleep in their tights - so they don't have to put them on in the morning sometimes they don't.

The only way I wouldn't want them sleep is in shabbos clothes (that might get ruined) and naked (abviously) other then that - Do whats good for you and your kids.

Bad idea to sleep in tights. Can cause infection etc. You should encourage them not to

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:53 am
[/quote="]Bad idea to sleep in tights. Can cause infection etc. You should encourage them not to[/quote]
Once a child acidently slept in socks he woke up with realy sweaty feet. Feet need circulation.
When my kids were baby-preschool age I would get up just a bit earlier than them and dress them in there sleep. I did it gently and they loved it. I dressed bottom-up they would wake up for any pull-overs. Older one sometimes closed his own buttons they would stretch and smile. found when they were up they were not in a rush to get to get dressed.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 9:55 am
groisamomma wrote:
What a great idea! I wish I had known about this when my kids were young! Getting out in the morning was a nightmare because dressing all of them was so time-consuming.

Kol hakavod for working to provide for your family. Or to maintain your sanity, whatever the reason.

Sometimes I wish I was a fly on the wall in some amothers' homes. I'd love to see where they cut corners since they seem to have it ALL figured out.

I'm pretty sure my kids would love that. At night getting into pj's is a whole game.
In the morning time is tight and it's quick 123.
But I wouldn't do it unless I'm really desparate. Because, fresh clothing to start the day with. That's why. But really, it's no big deal. (Unless of course bed wetters....)

All of my kids dresses are either soft French Terry or soft Ponte knit fabrics and cotton tights.
Some of their pj's are the same french terry - Ponte knit fabrics! So really, no difference. And in the morning their pj's aren't all crumpled.
Summer same. Thin Cotton knit dresses. Vs thin cotton knit pjs....

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
[/quote=]Bad idea to sleep in tights. Can cause infection etc. You should encourage them not to

Once a child acidently slept in socks he woke up with realy sweaty feet. Feet need circulation.
When my kids were baby-preschool age I would get up just a bit earlier than them and dress them in there sleep. I did it gently and they loved it. I dressed bottom-up they would wake up for any pull-overs. Older one sometimes closed his own buttons they would stretch and smile. found when they were up they were not in a rush to get to get dressed.[/quote]

On a daily basis it isn't a good idea. But my kid often asks for socks on very cold water nights. Her room is nice and warm but she likes that every level of "cozy". Never noticed her feet being sweaty.
It's very individual. One of my kids is a "sweater" the other not.
P.s. I'm talking about cotton tights if course. Not the yucky lycra microfiber ones.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:01 am
Never did this. My kids had pretty wet diapers overnight, and somehow clothes over those were going straight to the hamper, kid gets sponged down and put into fresh clothes each morning.

I'd go to sleep a little earlier, OP, and get up a little earlier....

urban gypsy

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:20 am
amother wrote:
Only if they’re reliably toilet trained and we have to catch a really, really early plane. If we have to change diapers or there’s a chance of bed wetting, there’s no point.

I wouldn't do this regularly but it's such a great idea for unusual occasions where you need to have a houseful of kids ready super early in the morning.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
[/quote="]Bad idea to sleep in tights. Can cause infection etc. You should encourage them not to

When my kids were baby-preschool age I would get up just a bit earlier than them and dress them in there sleep. I did it gently and they loved it. I dressed bottom-up they would wake up for any pull-overs. Older one sometimes closed his own buttons they would stretch and smile. found when they were up they were not in a rush to get to get dressed.[/quote]

My mom did this for me till I was about 11 lol! Yes I was quite spoiled. I’m still so lazy about getting dressed (I’m dressed and made up etc every day but I find it such a pain).

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:31 am
No. My kids would look too rumpled. My little ones sometime have woken up wet through. And my 3 year old son is a big night sweater. Even when he's freshly bathed before bed, he wakes up smelling sweaty. I'd rather he not sweat in his clothes for the day.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 10:35 am
Whether or not a child sweat, body heat gets locked into their undergarments and needs to be dispersed for comfort and freshness.

Deenah

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 11:34 am
My little sister used to sleep in her uniform shirt all the time. For some odd reason she found it to be comfortable! My mom usually made her change to a fresh one in the morning tho...

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:02 pm
My mother did this with my triplet siblings when they were 3-5 years old. She simply couldnt manage otherwise. I was a very critical older sister, always pointing out when one of them didnt look nice, had messy hair etc.
The sleeping in clothes bit was fine. They really didnt look crumpled or anything. It saved my mom her sanity, and no one was worse for the wear

doodlesmom

Post Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:07 pm
I do it when I have a really early plane and we need to leave the house by 5 or so.
I choose their most comfy outfit anyway to travel.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics