Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Don't kids in shorts get skinned knees and dirty?
Previous  1  2

yksraya

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:18 pm
My older sons wear pants (school rule). They do here and there get skinned knees too. Boys will be boys.

It's so hot most days of the summer, why not wear shorts. I just wipe their knees with baby wipes and bathe them every night.

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:18 pm
dak11 wrote:
I don't put shorts on my kids until they can walk pretty steady about age 3. My boys wore pants and my girls wore capri length leggings in the summer. I agree with the op. Imagine your 1 year old who just learned how to walk is toddling down the sidewalk and then falls and scrapes his knee if the knee is covered it's no big deal.

Its also no big deal if they fall and DO get a skinned knee or dirty?

I’m honestly baffled at this. Scraped knees and dirt are OK.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:20 pm
I understand that a skinned knee isn't the worst thing in the world, but it does force us to turn around, go home and take care of it, and then go back to the park (or not). In other words, if by simply dressing them in pants we can spend longer days in the park... what's the problem?

I dress them in lightweight pants + short sleeves. If everyone is claiming that they need to be cool, what about the girls who keep tsnius from age 3? How are my boys any hotter than they are?

watergirl

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
I understand that a skinned knee isn't the worst thing in the world, but it does force us to turn around, go home and take care of it, and then go back to the park (or not). In other words, if by simply dressing them in pants we can spend longer days in the park... what's the problem?

I dress them in lightweight pants + short sleeves. If everyone is claiming that they need to be cool, what about the girls who keep tsnius from age 3? How are my boys any hotter than they are?

Why does it force you to leave? I always have a small first aid pack on me. Bandaids, antiseptic spray, water, a kiss... back to playing. Its the size of a pack of playing cards.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:33 pm
I keep bandaids in my purse and I usually have wipes with me, usually water too. Kids get scraped. It’s fine. Wash it and bandage it and continue on. I sew, so all the pants become shorts due to the holes that have appeared. Long pants just aren’t worth it.
I have already accepted that tights are disposable. :-(
Twice a week showers in the winter, nearly daily in the summer. That’s just life. Relax and enjoy it!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:44 pm
I don't have boys. And my girls wear tights. They are disposable. They don't protect at all.
Bandaids in all pockets. And water.

A kiss is the magic cure. Didn't you know? If need be my kids can teach you.

And what's wrong with dirt? It's good for kids!
Mud puddles, running in the rain, sand boxes.
What is better than that?

They are children only once. Let them play. Let them get dirty. Let them be messy and silly.
It isn't anything soap and water can't clean off their bodies.
And if they are too dirty to come indoors, being hosed down outside is the funnest of all!

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:46 pm
Oh, and my kids wear cotton tights. They are a little more durable than lycra and I can sew them up. Till you can't sew them up anymore.
If we plan on going out, I put them on a newer pair.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
Last I checked, kids are supposed to get dirty and skin their knees. That's what soap, water, and bandaids are for. Also, I never knew pants could prevent getting dirty and skinning knees. Doesn't seem to work for my kids. At least if they get a skinned knee when wearing shorts, the shorts come out of it unharmed. Not so with pants.

Yups. I can’t tell you how many torn pants I had over the years. With shorts you wash the knees well with wipes when you get home.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 1:58 pm
I always keep wipes and bandaids in my bag, no need to go home from the park.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics