Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to dress for simchas, early pregnancy out of shape

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 2:21 pm
I’m usually very fashion conscious and put together. For various reasons I’ve gained tons of weight and am in my first trimester with several simchas coming up. I have no idea how to dress to mask it and still feel nice.
Is it even possible? Do you ever see v overweight women and still think they look nice or there is just no point in my even stressing?
I think for the first time I may even have to shop in the plus department which is a very tough pill.
Any links or suggestions for dresses? Darker colors tia!!

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 2:35 pm
It's hard to shop for plus size the first time. You picked a good time of year though because there might be dressy holiday stuff in clearance and the winter tops or dresses will be better for tznius than the summer stuff. Given that you're pregnant you might be better off shopping for flowy maternity tops and nice but comfortable skirts. If you're not ready for maternity yet then I'd still stick to separates.

Find a black skirt in a dressy material. A pencil type skirt or slight A-line would be better paired with a flowy top so you don't look bigger all over. Check out Dress Barn, Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, and Talbot's online to see if they have anything you like. Black is slimming and easy to add a shell if needed, but you can find color too if you prefer.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 2:37 pm
Im not such a fashionista- but I think wearing longer tops (instead of cut just by the waist) may be better. Also not sure if you're showing at all- but I'm assuming you dont want people to know yet... Try buying maternity- that doesnt seem obviously maternity

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 4:34 pm
Thanks! Any specific styles or dresses anyone has seen out and about?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics