Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
What's it like to have normal children?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:42 pm
My oldest has ADHD (and possibly anxiety too). Life is a rollercoaster ride, and not a fun one most of the time. Calls from his teachers and school were always fraught with anxiety, and playdates - as few and far between as they were - were always rough until recently (b"H!).

Child #2 is a social butterfly who's friends with everyone, constantly has friends calling to play, busy social calendar, model student, you get the picture. She probably has some ADHD too but as of now there's no point in evaluating her. I spent so much time during her first school experiences waiting for the other shoe to drop every time I got a compliment from her teacher... She's not the easiest kid but in a totally different way than #1.

So my kids aren't totally "normal" but my second gives me a taste of what it's like. It's hard not to compare.

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Feb 10 2019, 8:53 pm
My kids are normal BH K"EH. Some were easy and are now harder and some were hard and are now easy.

One kid had all allergies, anxious type personality, at one point I was walking on eggshells with my every interaction. This kid is also gifted and was acting up in school. Now BH this kid is my most amazing one, responsible, loving, easy.

One kid was easy all along, not particular with anything, happy-go-lucky. This kid is now giving me a hard time in school, being disorganized, getting punished for not doing assignments and at home, every task (from basics such as changing underwear daily to getting ready for bed, etc.) is a huge hassle/fight.

Every child has their stages. So it all evens out eventually. Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics