Home

Silent on anti Semitsm, “appalled” by black-face
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:25 pm
ectomorph wrote:
you clearly arent on twitter. Liberals especially activists regularly joke about white genocide

I'm on Twitter. Clearly no one I know or follow jokes about murder. Citations, please.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:25 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Replace Gray with Omar.

Omar is in a position of power. She is a congresswoman. Antisemitism from leaders must be called out. This was a public tweet.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:26 pm
Look above... Do a search for kill white people or "wypipo" millions of results

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:28 pm
Squishy wrote:
Omar is in a position of power. She is a congresswoman. Antisemitism from leaders must be called out. This was a public tweet.

I actually agree with you, in terms of calling out. Though I suspect, like Orange above, she is somewhat unaware of her bias.

I think the same standard should be applied here. Calling out discrimination.

dancingqueen

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:28 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know if disingenuous is the right word. I don't think that she understands that she's anti-Semitic, or that what she says is anti-Semitic. Which is obviously a problem.

Of course, the same can be said of others.

Like McCarthy. I mean, is saying that the Jews are trying to buy elections a problem?

Picture resized

I just don’t buy that she was honestly surprised that could be taken as anti-semitic. Same tone she had with her last “apology.”

I usually sway liberal btw but I’m not a fan of Omar and some other new congress-people.

And yes that tweet is very similar anti-Semitic cr@p. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am.

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:32 pm
ectomorph wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/onika_tea/status/1094739065528823813

https://mobile.twitter.com/che.....8057365509

https://mobile.twitter.com/jdv.....1101463552

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mar.....5279083520

I literally see it all the time
\

So you're got a 19 year old photography student, some dude from Alabama, and what appears to be a bad attempt at a humorous Nikki Minaj tribute account. And the last describes herself as a MAGA veteran, so I'm guessing she's not liberal.

Nope. Don't follow any of them.

Nope, don't see this as mainstream, or representative of academics or anything serious.

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:33 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I just don’t buy that she was honestly surprised that could be taken as anti-semitic. Same tone she had with her last “apology.”

I usually sway liberal btw but I’m not a fan of Omar and some other new congress-people.

And yes that tweet is very similar anti-Semitic cr@p. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am.

I actually do buy that she was surprised. She is genuinely anti-Semitic, but she genuinely doesn't see it.

And no, I'm not a fan of her's.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:37 pm
amother wrote:
\

So you're got a 19 year old photography student, some dude from Alabama, and what appears to be a bad attempt at a humorous Nikki Minaj tribute account. And the last describes herself as a MAGA veteran, so I'm guessing she's not liberal.

Nope. Don't follow any of them.

Nope, don't see this as mainstream, or representative of academics or anything serious.

An editor at the New York Times said that she would like to kill all the white men... Thats pretty mainstream

And I posted these examples to show that this is a Trope that people use all the time on Twitter... it's not just a few isolated people

marina

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:37 pm
I’m gonna post this link here but I don’t really expect anyone to click on it or think about it
https://www.jta.org/quick-read.....-influence

marina

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:39 pm
and on a different note

this one https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....-6-states/

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:42 pm
marina wrote:
and on a different note

this one https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....-6-states/

Well, since Republicans elected someone who posted this, why would anyone thing they wouldn't love those as well?

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:52 pm
marina wrote:
I’m gonna post this link here but I don’t really expect anyone to click on it or think about it
thats nice... Never heard of him though so doubt hes leading

Really disappointed w Chuck Schumer

dancingqueen

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:52 pm
marina wrote:

I think this is great, why would that be so controversial here?

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:56 pm
ectomorph wrote:
An editor at the New York Times said that she would like to kill all the white men... Thats pretty mainstream

And I posted these examples to show that this is a Trope that people use all the time on Twitter... it's not just a few isolated people

I assume you mean Sarah Jeong.

She didn't actually say that, you know. She did respond -- in a nasty, acerbic way -- to taunts against her. And its not unreasonable to call some of her comments racist. But genuinely calling for genocide. Nope.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:

She didn't actually say that, you know. She did respond -- in a nasty, acerbic way -- to taunts against her. And its not unreasonable to call some of her comments racist. But genuinely calling for genocide. Nope.

How many jokes about white genocide until you acknowledge that there's genuinely hatred and a desire to kill all white people behind it.

amother

Mauve

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:20 pm
ectomorph wrote:
How many jokes about white genocide until you acknowledge that there's genuinely hatred and a desire to kill all white people behind it.

You are really upset when internet randos post jokes about white genocide. But not a bit upset when the president of the United States posts jokes about Native American genocide.

amother

Linen

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:24 pm
amother wrote:
You are really upset when internet randos post jokes about white genocide. But not a bit upset when the president of the United States posts jokes about Native American genocide.

Link please

amother

Mauve

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:26 pm
amother wrote:
Link please

Is this really the first time you're hearing about this?

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:33 pm
amother wrote:

Um, no. That was her excuse -- "punching up" as a marginalized minority woman. A marginalized minority woman who happened to be a Harvard Law grad. There are plenty of marginalized minority women, but it's hard to make a case that Sarah Jeong is one of them.

The problem with this excuse was that her tweets were not sent in direct response to some trollish Twitter denizen.

But I see the argument has shifted a bit.

I pointed out that calling Gray Amother a racist was a cheap shot that just makes race relations worse and that while fearing white genocide is clearly an overstatement in the U.S., there are plenty of people using that kind of rhetoric.

I was then asked for sources, and others were happy to step in.

Now it seems that it's not enough to call for white genocide. One's call has to be "genuine" and one has to be "known" to the people calling for sources.

George Ciccariello-Maher

Carol Christine Fair

Texas State University

And these examples were all on the first page of DuckDuckGo results.

Are these individuals capable of committing genocide? Of course not. That's ridiculous. They're probably stressed enough teaching four or five classes a week while penning their outrage. But the rhetoric is out there, and it is detrimental to race relations.
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h