Home

Silent on anti Semitsm, “appalled” by black-face
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
You are really upset when internet randos post jokes about white genocide. But not a bit upset when the president of the United States posts jokes about Native American genocide.

Isn't it amazing how people become "Internet randos" the moment they contradict the desired narrative?

Let's see, we recently had a thread in which someone referred to Thomas Sowell as "a guy selling his book on the Internet" and now a member of the NYT editorial board is an "Internet rando."

Gosh, if I didn't know better, I'd say there was a problem with racism . . .

sequoia

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:42 pm
Fox, none of these sources look believable. They remind me of hysterical Russian mainstream newspapers claiming Ukrainians eat children. The same type of rhetoric. I know it well.

amother

Brunette

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:45 pm
Fox wrote:
Isn't it amazing how people become "Internet randos" the moment they contradict the desired narrative?

Let's see, we recently had a thread in which someone referred to Thomas Sowell as "a guy selling his book on the Internet" and now a member of the NYT editorial board is an "Internet rando."

Gosh, if I didn't know better, I'd say there was a problem with racism . . .

So you both pick and choose which racism you are offended by and which is ho hum.

amother

Mauve

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:45 pm
For the past two years we've gotten used to hearing that the president's rhetoric doesnt matter. His tweets don't matter. His interviews don't matter. His rallies don't matter. So maybe we should apply the same standard to private individuals who have nowhere near the reach, power or influence of the president of the United States. Unless they're actively amassing weapons or planning genocide, tweets to that effect don't matter.

I'm just not seeing a logical argument for why we should take them seriously but not the president.

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:51 pm
sequoia wrote:
Fox, none of these sources look believable. They remind me of hysterical Russian mainstream newspapers claiming Ukrainians eat children. The same type of rhetoric. I know it well.

I'm not sure what you mean; all of these were widely reported on at the time. But that's not really the point. The implication was that Gray Amother was simply using the idea of white genocide to justify her racism, that such a concept didn't really exist. That's obviously false.

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:00 pm
amother wrote:
I'm just not seeing a logical argument for why we should take them seriously but not the president.

Mauve, I think you missed the train of thought here. This has nothing to do with the President.

Again, a poster called Gray Amother a racist.

I suggested that perhaps jumping in and calling people racists actually exacerbates racism.

I also pointed out that while I disagree with Gray Amother's concerns, the trope of white genocide is not something that racists have made up to justify their racism.

I was then challenged to provide sources for that assertion.

Several of us provided such sources, at which point the people who had claimed that calls for white genocide didn't exist now are claiming that the evidence is meaningless.

For anyone who is still not getting it, (a) I don't consider these calls for white genocide anything more than tantrums, usually thrown by white people; (b) I don't consider them serious calls for violence; and (c) most normal people greet these kinds of pronouncements with eye-rolling rather than any distress.

But those of you claiming that such rhetoric either doesn't exist or is limited to an extreme fringe are mistaken.

amother

Linen

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:01 pm
amother wrote:
Is this really the first time you're hearing about this?

Yes

Squishy

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:10 pm
This is why the Democrats won't punish their antisemites.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/.....g-bigotry/

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:25 pm
Squishy wrote:
This is why the Democrats won't punish their antisemites.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/11/.....g-bigotry/

So why hasn't the Republican party sanctioned McCarthy for his antisemitism?

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 10:57 pm
simcha2 wrote:
So why hasn't the Republican party sanctioned McCarthy for his antisemitism?

Because nobody believes McCarthy is anti-Semitic except for Tom Steyer.

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 11:03 pm
Fox wrote:
Because nobody believes McCarthy is anti-Semitic except for Tom Steyer.

The question is why not?

amother

Gray

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 11:30 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Sorry Fox, going to call you out on this.

You got upset with Orange for calling you out on the infanticide fallacy but let this statement from Gray . "White people are walking on eggshells. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. How far is it going to go before there is white genocide?"go, on the basis that if we point out the racism inherent in it, we willbe creating racists?

I'm not shaming her by pointing out that a) Jews aren't white, b) that black people asking for equality isn't going to lead to a whole genocide.

Can we at least agree that the term "white genocide" is loaded and problematic?

You took the bolded comment out of context then resorted to an ad hominen attack instead of responding to my full argument which only tells me that you have no argument and know that I am right. Good night.

DrMom

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 11:53 pm
Cheiny, to answer your question:

More moderate Democrats do not willingly call out Ilhan Omar because they are afraid of alienating the younger, and even more Leftist faction within the Democratic party's base, which supports people like Omar and her worldview.

If they do call out these people, they do it reluctantly, to deflect overly negative press, and then empower such radicals with key committee appointments.

The younger Democrats are pulling the entire Democratic party further and further to the radical Left.

simcha2

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 5:49 am
amother wrote:
You took the bolded comment out of context then resorted to an ad hominen attack instead of responding to my full argument which only tells me that you have no argument and know that I am right. Good night.

Actually, reread your post. This was the essence of it. You don't think blackface is a problem was the other part.

And no, quoting your words back at you is not an ad hominem attack.

There literally was no other argument in that post.

You write about the concept of white genocide as if it's a real possibility.

If you want to explain your words, please do. But don't pretend that there was some greater meaning behind the context.

Also, going another is cowardly. (And as Fox has already said against the imamother TOS when used to attack).

Squishy

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:13 am
amother wrote:

Amother Gray,

I wrote a post but asked to remove it by Simcha2. The essence was that I support you.

Last edited by Squishy on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total

simcha2

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:23 am
Squishy wrote:
Amother Gray

When I have ever lied? (Nice motzei shem ra btw)

Last edited by simcha2 on Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Squishy

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:42 am
simcha2 wrote:
When I have ever lied? (Nice motzei shem ra btw)

You have to help me out here.

You send me a PM asking me to remove my post, and then you quote it, so I can't remove it. Then you ask me to list your lies.

I can list them publicly or privately. I can remove the post or continue the discussion.

Which is it?

BTW it isn't motzei shem ra if it is the truth.

simcha2

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:48 am
Squishy wrote:
You have to help me out here.

You send me a PM asking me to remove my post, and then you quote it, so I can't remove it. Then you ask me to list your lies.

I can list them publicly or privately. I can remove the post or continue the discussion.

Which is it?

BTW it isn't motzei shem ra if it is the truth.

I would have removed my quote.

Here is the PM you reference, so everyone can read why I asked you to remove your post (for your sake, not mine)

Your personal attack of me, not my opinions, is a huge halachic and moral violation.

I'll give you a chance to remove your post so as not to have you publicly commit an aveirah.

I strongly disagree with your opinions but I have never attacked you personally, only those opinions.

Please list my lies.

Squishy

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:49 am
simcha2 wrote:
I would have removed my quote.

Here is the PM you reference, so everyone can read why I asked you to remove your post (for your sake, not mine)

Your personal attack of me, not my opinions, is a huge halachic and moral violation.

I'll give you a chance to remove your post so as not to have you publicly commit an aveirah.

I strongly disagree with your opinions but I have never attacked you personally, only those opinions.

Please list my lies.

Where do you want me to list your lies?

simcha2

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 6:50 am
Squishy wrote:
Where do you want me to list your lies?

Right here is fine
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 4 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h