Home

High school for son with ADHD/Autism(HF) and Behavior issues

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

Chartreuse

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 8:30 pm
I'm looking for a high school (Yeshiva) for my son. He is very high functioning and can do well in the right environment. He's had his fair share of negativity in the yeshiva systems (really doesn't want to go to any)and is currently in public school. I DO NOT WANT ANYTHING NEAR THE TRI-STATE AREA! His behavior issues stem from past trauma and abuse, so he needs a very warm and loving environment.
Any ideas? Or do you know someone who is knowledgeable in these kinds of yeshivas?

animeme

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:01 pm
You can try Doresh in Miami.

amother

Ecru

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:06 pm
animeme wrote:
You can try Doresh in Miami.

Doresh students have learning and/or intellectual disabilities. If this is not the case for your son, op, it will probably not be a good match.

animeme

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:11 pm
amother wrote:
Doresh students have learning and/or intellectual disabilities. If this is not the case for your son, op, it will probably not be a good match.

Agreed. But if there are any learning issues, I think it's worth a phone call.

mha3484

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 9:28 pm
Shaarei adirim in Chicago. It’s modeled after shaarei arazim in Monsey.

amother

Chartreuse

Post  Tue, Feb 12 2019, 8:42 am
I'm the OP....
Thanks for responding!
I've heard some not good things about Doresh (we live in Florida).... serious issues that I can't have my child in.
The place in Chicago, I checked their website.... they seem to be very yeshivish and very rigid. My son won't go near a white shirt with a 10ft pole...lol. hates dress pants, too.
He has learning disabilities as well but he's got a thick IEP and has suffered abuse. So I need to be really careful where I send him.
Are these the only 2 places? I've noticed all the threads mention these 2....

happy mommy6

Post  Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:50 pm
New yeshiva in lakewood called imrei Noam. Don't know details on what level of academics it is. I know it's geared to boys who have not made it in other yeshivas, have difficult lives etc.... they do alot of teaching them trades. Rabbi wallerstein endorses it strongly.

amother

Pink

Post  Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:58 pm
Eatontown maybe?

amother

Slategray

Post  Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:01 am
What about the tri-state area is a big no-no? Would you consider Rambam Mesivta?

amother

Hotpink

Post  Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:03 am
[quote="amother"]I'm the OP....
Thanks for responding!
I've heard some not good things about Doresh (we live in Florida).... serious issues that I can't have my child in.
The place in Chicago, I checked their website.... they seem to be very yeshivish and very rigid. My son won't go near a white shirt with a 10ft pole...lol. hates dress pants, too.
He has learning disabilities as well but he's got a thick IEP and has suffered abuse. So I need to be really careful where I send him.
Are these the only 2 places? I've noticed all the threads mention these 2....[/quote

Hi OP I also have a son with similar needs. We have been considering Doresh. Can u let me know more about the issues there?

amother

Chartreuse

Post  Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:27 am
[quote="amother"]
amother wrote:
I'm the OP....
Thanks for responding!
Are these the only 2 places? I've noticed all the threads mention these 2....[/quote

Hi OP I also have a son with similar needs. We have been considering Doresh. Can u let me know more about the issues there?
[quote]

[b] unfortunately, there has been reports of emotional abuse and them being a little too physical with the boys.

Undefined

Post  Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:16 pm
Amother charteuse, can you please pm me, I was looking into Doresh also..

amother

Sapphire

Post  Sun, May 12 2019, 3:31 pm
Can you please pm me with the issues at Doresh? I'd like to speak to you if possible.
Thank you so much

ishaima

Post  Sun, May 12 2019, 3:33 pm
[quote="amother [ Chartreuse ]"]
Quote:

[b] unfortunately, there has been reports of emotional abuse and them being a little too physical with the boys.

Amother chartreuse - I would really like to speak to you as I am looking into Doresh for my son. Can you please pm me?
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h