Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Lakewood salary
1  2  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 11:44 pm
Just feeling for the range - I know there’s always a low end and high end - what would the range be for an office secretary who does the billing/accounts receivable. In Lakewood.
I’d like to hear what starting would be, when it would be expected to receive a raise and how much etc.
Part time job approx 20 hours a week.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 11:44 pm
duplicate post

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 11:55 pm
Gonna throw out a number but I really have no personal experience in this field - I believe the going rate is something like $25-$30 an hour so for 20 hours a week that would be maybe 30k?
It really depends on how much experience you have and if you are valuable to the company.

amother
White

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 3:13 am
amother wrote:
Gonna throw out a number but I really have no personal experience in this field - I believe the going rate is something like $25-$30 an hour so for 20 hours a week that would be maybe 30k?
It really depends on how much experience you have and if you are valuable to the company.

Hmm...this sounds high. A friend of mine is being paid what is considered well and for a 40-hour workweek she's making 40K. On days she does additional hours I believe it's $25/hr
but that's because it's extra work outside her normal hours. Granted, she's just starting out but 30K for as 20-hr work week sounds high.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:27 am
Beginning, like no experience?
I'd say $18-25. Depends what sort of company.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:32 am
Wow I’m making around 30 an hour with masters in accounting degree and 5 years experience. Guess my degree didn’t help much Sad

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 8:31 am
Between $22 and $25 an hour

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 9:01 am
From what I've been hearing lately $18-22. Especially for part time. There seem to be a lot of people looking for part time jobs.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 10:07 am
amother wrote:
Wow I’m making around 30 an hour with masters in accounting degree and 5 years experience. Guess my degree didn’t help much Sad

It's one of the reasons my DD doesn't feel any hurry to go back to school and finish her degree....the fields that interest her don't make more money, on average, than she's already making doing medical billing with no degree.

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 11:32 am
So you can make 60,000 full time in Lakewood with no degree as an office assistant?

keym

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 11:45 am
amother wrote:
So you can make 60,000 full time in Lakewood with no degree as an office assistant?

Starting salary? Straight out of seminary? No. 18-22/hr which averages 40k a year for ft.

But stick with it, be an asset to the company, and keep working 9-5, then yeah 5-7 yes down the road, you could make 55/60k.

Many women I know choose to decline some s larger salary increases and instead choose to cut their hours til 3 or work from home some days.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:

After a few years, yes. You have to prove your worth to the company though, otherwise they’ll hire some sem grads instead.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:50 pm
I was making $24 an hours 2 years after sem in a regular office, just recently switched to an entry level job in the field I went to college for and I’m making $18 for now:(

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 1:07 pm
Chayalle wrote:
It's one of the reasons my DD doesn't feel any hurry to go back to school and finish her degree....the fields that interest her don't make more money, on average, than she's already making doing medical billing with no degree.

Are these salaries really ones you can live on in Lakewood though (with or without degree)? How long is it possible to support a husband learning with it?

If a long time, I'm so so jealous. I know my rent is double than lakewood but the numbers I hear that it takes to learn here (lets say till a guy is 32-4) is much closer to 75k -90k a year. Which is probably why our babysitting here has many more hours than the typical lakewood playgroup. You think I can convince a Yeshiva to move to Lakewood lol?

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
Are these salaries really ones you can live on in Lakewood though (with or without degree)? How long is it possible to support a husband learning with it?

If a long time, I'm so so jealous. I know my rent is double than lakewood but the numbers I hear that it takes to learn here (lets say till a guy is 32-4) is much closer to 75k -90k a year. Which is probably why our babysitting here has many more hours than the typical lakewood playgroup. You think I can convince a Yeshiva to move to Lakewood lol?

I make about 60k a year (without a degree - I teach and have a part time business on the side) in Lakewood. My husband's learning for 6 years at this point, we are not on programs and we are managing well (in a basement apartment :)Between my salary and my husband's kollel check (not BMG) we are really okay and can even put some money away BH! I don't know how long this life is sustainable but I'm hoping my salary will rise with my expenses. Your numbers 75-90 sound about right for a 32-34 year old guy to still be learning. It may even be higher, though people on programs live on a lot less than that.

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 6:30 pm
Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly- people in Lakewood are paying $22-25 for starting salary? How about for someone with two years experience but in a different office different position? Does that have any effect?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 6:33 pm
amother wrote:
Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly- people in Lakewood are paying $22-25 for starting salary? How about for someone with two years experience but in a different office different position? Does that have any effect?

No not starting salary w no experience. Starting salary with some prior experience. A few years.

Pickle1

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 6:45 pm
I run a department in a company, I make 30/hr, I work part time. I am there for 12 yrs. when we hire new ppl for our department - no experience 19/hr, a few yrs experience 21-23/hr. we will also offer more starting salary to a married woman versus a single girl (not sure why!! but I'm not the boss)

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:04 pm
Pickle1 wrote:
I run a department in a company, I make 30/hr, I work part time. I am there for 12 yrs. when we hire new ppl for our department - no experience 19/hr, a few yrs experience 21-23/hr. we will also offer more starting salary to a married woman versus a single girl (not sure why!! but I'm not the boss)

The $30 is hourly or salary? Also, those that start at $23 presumably go up after a year or so right? So are you as the manager making the same salary that those under you are making?

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 7:05 pm
amother wrote:
I was making $24 an hours 2 years after sem in a regular office, just recently switched to an entry level job in the field I went to college for and I’m making $18 for now:(

You were making 24 with the option of a raise? Or is that where it stayed?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics