Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Learning Hebrew online

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:39 am
My dream is to someday move to Israel... This could be 10 years away, but I really would like to start working towards making it a reality.

My Hebrew level is very poor. I could hold a very basic conversation and that's basically it.

I realize the best way to learn would be to take lessons but for logistic reasons, my best bet right now is studying from a book or online course.

Is there any book/online course anyone here could recommend?

Chazak613

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 1:44 am
Try DuoLingo. It's free!

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 2:23 am
Chazak613 wrote:
Try DuoLingo. It's free!

Thank you! I will look into it...

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 2:36 am
I tried learning Hebrew online but it only took me so far. You can only really become fluent by living here. Or marrying an Israeli with poor English lol. A few weeks after my wedding, DH said "now we're switching to Hebrew!" and that was it- from that day, he only spoke to me in Hebrew. Needless to say, we had a quiet few months, and I was (and to this day still am!) frustrated by him correcting me mid sentence, but it's honestly been the best thing that ever happened to me.

For your situation, I found Pimsular Hebrew very good (I'd listen to it in the gym!)

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 12:22 pm
I use a free app (they have premium version that you need to pay for) - Mondly Hebrew on my phone. It sends me a new Hebrew lesson everyday. I also listen to Streetwise Hebrew - a free podcast that is excellent. It posts a new lesson every week. It has really helped to improve my Hebrew. The key is continuity and consistency. Kol HaKavod!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions