Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Deodorant for 11 yr old dd

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:12 pm
What's a good deodorant for an 11 that sweats a lot?

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 12:21 pm
For wetness, you need an antiperspirant, not a deodorant.

Get anything that has the word "sport" or "24 hour protection" on the label.

Preteens can be so stinky! (and that goes for girls, as well as boys.)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 1:22 pm
Unscented invisible antiperspirant deodorant.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ban.....95374

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:21 am
too young - get a shower! don't block pores and meddle with the skin

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:24 am
Ruchel wrote:

LOL!

This is a cultural thing. I know that French people aren't into controlling body odor so much, but in most other countries it's considered very offensive.

Using extra perfume is not a replacement for smelling fresh. Besides, most people are allergic to fancy smells.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:46 am
Ruchel wrote:

A shower doesn't stop someone from sweating two hours later. At a certain age, which is different for everyone, sweat has a very bad odor. I don't know about you, but I would avoid hanging out with someone who smells strongly of sweat.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:08 am
Just take her to the store and let her pick out something fun that appeals to her.

I don't remember the brand, but DD of that age range found one in cute packaging with a fun smell that she liked.....I'm into doing this in a positive way. Let her feel good about herself.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:16 am
Chayalle wrote:
Just take her to the store and let her pick out something fun that appeals to her.

I don't remember the brand, but DD of that age range found one in cute packaging with a fun smell that she liked.....I'm into doing this in a positive way. Let her feel good about herself.

I tried that, but the pharmacy staff yelled at me! DD hated anything that smelled too much like fake flowers, so we got her a sports formula and she was very happy.

She could soak through a regular formula in an hour, and come home drenched from head to toe. She showered in the morning, and as soon as she got home from school, she was so aware of it. Girls can be really mean about pointing out pit sweat on shirts, too.

DVOM

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:10 am
Chayalle wrote:

We are just up to this stage with my almost 11 year old son; like you, I think any step towards a child's emerging s-xuality and adulthood should be treated positively. He and my husband have a date this Sunday to go pick out a deodorant together and celebrate this milestone towards becoming a man with pizza and ice cream.

I like you Chayalle Smile

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:13 am
DVOM wrote:
We are just up to this stage with my almost 11 year old son; like you, I think any step towards a child's emerging s-xuality and adulthood should be treated positively. He and my husband have a date this Sunday to go pick out a deodorant together and celebrate this milestone towards becoming a man with pizza and ice cream.

I like you Chayalle Smile

Likewise! Thank you!

(we did the icecream with the trip to get bras....Smile )

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:29 am
Most people are allergic? On which planet?

I don't like people who smell, no. Most kids don't smell before the teens +. No need to spit at my nationality. I said SHOWER not perfume.

Deo isn't about relations, wth, nor about adulthood. There are adults who smell quick, others who barely do after trekking. I would never celebrate a deodorant and my kids would die of embarrassment if I did something like that, or said I had a date with them.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:31 am
Ruchel wrote:

I don't like people who smell, no. Most kids don't smell before the teens +. No need to spit at my nationality. I said SHOWER not perfume.

Deo isn't about relations, wth, nor about adulthood. There are adults who smell quick, others who barely do after trekking. I would never celebrate a deodorant and my kids would die of embarrassment if I did something like that, or said I had a date with them.

Like I said, it's cultural.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:52 am
Ruchel wrote:

Perhaps that's true, but op is saying that her DD does smell bad. Using antiperspirant isn't about an arbitrary age, it's about when it's needed by the individual to prevent bad odor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics