Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Nintendo Ds

mum2aey

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 3:24 am
I am thinking of getting my 10yo son a nintendo 2ds. It seems quite innocent. Can anyone please advise me if there could be anything inappropriate that could come up or that he can access. I am totally ignorant. At the moment the only games he plays are the ones downloaded for him on my husbands cell phone.

skinny

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:54 am
HI ! just warning you we found my 12 yr old son watching movies on it!!! he got someones netflix password the movies were not inappropriate ones but still we had no clue you can do that on a ds but I guess anything with internet on you gotta be careful

amother
Lime

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:31 am
My kids have one with parental controls so we block the internet.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:35 am
My kids share a ds. It does not have internet. They have a few different Mario disks they play on it.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 11:27 am
Not OP, but Internet concerns aside, I'm also worried about them spending too much time on it. I don't let the kids turn it on until they've done homework, eaten supper, and showered, but that still leaves a lot of free time that I don't want all being spent on video games.

For those that already have a DS or other game system, what usage limits - if any - do you impose on it?

mum2aey

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 9:04 am
Thanks for the replies. We bought one and managed to put a password on the internet so he cannont access it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics