Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Spring Cleaning (before Pesach Cleaning)

levlongnprosper

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 9:59 am
Is anyone else decluttering and spring cleaning to make Pesach cleaning easier?

Whether or not you are, what are your big spring cleaning or annual cleaning tasks?

pause

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:12 am
I declutter everything including clothing, school supplies, toys.
I wash all walls, moldings, windows, window shades, shower curtains, vacuum the ceiling corners. Inside all closets and cabinets.

For pesach we do the fridge, all chairs.

devash1

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:16 am
I like to declutter so I start with one room at a time starting a couple of weeks ago. My house isn't huge so my goal is to deep clean one room a week and I sometimes get to more.I actually find it enjoyable when I don't do it under pressure and if I don't do it at this time of year that I usually don't!there's definitely a certain satisfaction in having a nice big bag to donate and a big bag for the trash.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:17 am
Yup.

One thing I've been doing is going thru my DD's closet and getting rid of stuff that is too small on her, and making lists of what she will need for the coming season. Giving away stuff that she is no longer wearing....

I also cleaned out her closets and thru out junk. It's amazing what this kid accumulates....

I'm also getting started on washing items that I don't change all the time....like bedskirts and curtains...

Ruchel

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:24 am
Nope Smile

levlongnprosper

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:25 am
Chayalle wrote:

I'm also getting started on washing items that I don't change all the time....like bedskirts and curtains...

We need to do this and we don't have a washer dryer in unit or even in building. I'm so dreading this chore Hiding

flowerpower

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:32 am
I call it winter cleaning. Now is the best time to do it. No yom tov pressure. I did my linen/ towel closet early this am( thank you insomnia!). Every week I do 2-3 closets. Best feeling!

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 9:10 am
Yup. I'm trying. I was really on a roll three weeks ago, and then got too busy with work. I'm trying to encourage my dc to do the purging as well. It's not going so well.........
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics