Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Pay cleaning lady for one session I'm canceling?
Previous  1  2

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:29 pm
Ridethewaves wrote:
I wish my house was this perfect! I feel like I always have something I wish done! Car cleaned, linen closet, kitchen cabinets.
. I just purged my house and I only have one kid so itโ€™s not hard to keep clean...

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:56 pm
I would pay a cleaning woman who I felt was reliable and who I wanted to keep.

My cleaning woman could come in my absence and do stuff that perhaps might be overlooked during her regular times like cleaning the shelves in the kitchen cabinets or the refrigerator.

But even if she didn't come, I would pay her because she relies much more on the money I pay her for essentials like rent and food than I need the money I pay her to clean so I would feel as though I am depriving her of much needed income.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:13 pm
Is it halachically allowed to leave a non-Jewish cleaning lady alone in the home with access to your kitchen if she knows that you're out-of-town and there's no chance that you could walk in at any minute?

Amarante

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:15 pm
amother wrote:
Is it halachically allowed to leave a non-Jewish cleaning lady alone in the home with access to your kitchen if she knows that you're out-of-town and there's no chance that you could walk in at any minute?

How would women who work have cleaning women if they couldn't have the cleaning woman be trusted to work in the home unsupervised?

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
. I just purged my house and I only have one kid so itโ€™s not hard to keep clean...

The amazing part is that you only need 3 hours of help a week to clean it.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:15 pm
amother wrote:

Our Rav poskened that we either need a camera that records in the kitchen, and that she knows is there, or for someone to pop in without her knowing in advance at different times if no one is home. Need some sort of mashgiach to make sure she doesn't do anything to the kitchen. And I did catch one of my cleaning ladies treifing up my kitchen by watching the camera feed. Can't Believe It

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 8:30 pm
amother wrote:
Our Rav poskened that we either need a camera that records in the kitchen, and that she knows is there, or for someone to pop in without her knowing in advance at different times if no one is home. Need some sort of mashgiach to make sure she doesn't do anything to the kitchen. And I did catch one of my cleaning ladies treifing up my kitchen by watching the camera feed. Can't Believe It

What did she do?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 10:12 pm
Amarante wrote:
How would women who work have cleaning women if they couldn't have the cleaning woman be trusted to work in the home unsupervised?

It's not a question of whether YOU trust her (and would leave $ around and not worry that she'll take it).

It's a question of whether halacha trusts her unsupervised in your kitchen. As Sienna's Rav told her, many hold that you either need to set up a system to be able to spy on the kitchen, or have you pop in unannounced at random times, so that she'll be afraid to do anything.

But if she knows that you're out-of-town, it could be a problem unless you arrange to have somebody else pop in in your absence. Definitely a question for one's LOR.

Ruchel

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 5:27 am
no

Raisin

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 5:57 am
amother wrote:

any meat needs to be double sealed. (its usually sold like that)

Also, unless it is explained to her, a cleaning lady might not realise that heating up her lunch in your microwave or oven or pot can be a big problem for you.

amother
Sienna

Post Fri, Feb 15 2019, 9:17 am
amother wrote:
What did she do?

She heated food up/used utensils she wasn't supposed to use...and we explained to her everything she was and was not allowed to do. She just didn't like that she had to use plastic, so she took liberties based on what she was comfortable with. She wasn't with us much longer...

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 4:35 pm
This is a spin off question. Im not the op.
I'm thinking of letting my housekeeper go. She very often doesn't do what I ask, and the she often does a very shoddy job. After telling her clearly what I want and telling her that I haven't been happy with the house lately, she still did a very slow and mediocre cleaning job last week. I'd like to try out somone new but not fire my first cleaner until I know I have somone new lined up. Can I cancel on her this week so that I can try somone new? Do you think I have to pay her even if I cancel a few days in advance?
She has never canceled on me in over 2 years.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette