Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What I eat in a day
1  2  Next

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 3:55 pm
What do you eat in a day?
Im trying to lose some weight and the dietician wants me to write down everything I eat in a day but I'm finding it hard to do because I eat often.

Now I'm wondering if others keep track of exactly what you eat?

And please post the list if u have one

cookiewriter

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:12 pm
It’s much healthier to eat three meals a day rather than constant nibbling. All the latest studies have shown this. You must give your body a chance to let insulin levels drop.

dankbar

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:16 pm
You will be more conscious of what you are eating if you record

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:17 pm
I eat three meals but lots of nibbling in between as I'm hungry

Cheiny

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:19 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
It’s much healthier to eat three meals a day rather than constant nibbling. All the latest studies have shown this. You must give your body a chance to let insulin levels drop.

Actually nutritionists disagree. They suggest eating every 4 hours, meaning snacks between meals.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:34 pm
I eat oatmeal (1/4 c dry) with fruits (blueberries or chopped apple) and nuts in the morning and milk/ almond milk. + coffee of course

Lunch I'll have a large salad with either feta cheese or chicken, tons of veggies, quinoa or sweet potatoes and avocado. Dressing is olive oil and maybe some vinegar with spices.
Or I'll make gluten free pasta with a veggie pasta sauce with cheese Smile

Dinner is chicken, beef, or fish with a veg on the side (roasted carrots or broccoli or peas or veg soup) and quinoa or sweet potato or brown/ wild rice.

Notice all the meals are completely balanced and have protein, carb, fruit or veg and healthy fat. I don't generally eat snacks, instead I focus on drinking water or a tea. If I really want something (especially when I first started) I made sure to combine at least 2 categories- so like apples and natural peanut butter, carrots with hummus.

I used to write stuff down. I really should go back to it. I definitely see my weight loss isn't going as smooth without writing. You end up sneaking things in and can feel just less responsible for the little nibble you had here of your kid's muffin... and then before you know it you finished it.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:37 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Actually nutritionists disagree. They suggest eating every 4 hours, meaning snacks between meals.

There's no rule. There are many different healthy ways of eating, and different things work for different people.

KKS

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:
I eat three meals but lots of nibbling in between as I'm hungry

Firstly, ensure that your meals are filling enough by including a good quality protein, healthy fat, veggies and high fiber carb at each meal.

Secondly, If you get hungry between meals, plan to have more structured snacks that include healthy carb + protein/fat instead of nibbling all day.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:00 pm
I write down what I eat -it’s very embarrassing...

It looks something like this:

Danish
Coffee
Pizza
Brownie
Coffee
Pasta with cheese
Coffee
Brownie
Popcorn
Chips
Soda

4thebooks

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:18 pm
I journal all my meals thru MyFitnessPal. Started in 2014 was strict for 3 years then took a break and just got back into it 3 months ago and it’s the best thing. I eat a macro based diet so 100 grams carbs 43 grams fat and 130 grams of protein. I’m already down 8 inches off my waist and 15 pounds with lots more to go but it’s what worked for me in the past (-90lbs).
I do measure and weigh my food which is a pain but once I get the hang of things I’m going to stop doing that.
I will post what I ate yesterday hope it helps and good luck!

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:19 pm
amother wrote:
I write down what I eat -it’s very embarrassing...

It looks something like this:

Danish
Coffee
Pizza
Brownie
Coffee
Pasta with cheese
Coffee
Brownie
Popcorn
Chips
Soda

Are you able to maintain your weight with this food intake? If yes, I'm so J!

The "real" way to write it down is to include quantities. How do I know if you ate 3 bites of brownie vs. 3 whole brownies, 1 slice of pizza or 2, pasta with a sprinkle of parmesan or pasta with 3 oz of whole mozzarella?

My menu looks like this - and I'm trying to lose weight:

AM: 2 T Peanut butter or 2 oz cheese
2 slices whole wheat bread
1 apple

LUNCH: lettuce salad with vegetables (I don't measure veggies)
1 can tuna or 3 oz chicken
2 tsp oil or 2 TBS lo-cal dressing
80 calories worth of crackers

SNACK: 1 apple or pear (or other fruit)

PM: 4 oz fish or chicken
1 cup pasta/rice
vegetables
2 tsp oil or 2 TBS lo-cal dressing

If I want to eat cake or cookies one day, I need to eat a very small portion and only have one slice of bread in the morning.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:34 pm
I’m in weight watchers and this is what I ate today

B- Fiber one with milk
S- Orange pepper
L- Salmon
S-Cheerios with milk
D-Baked potato with cheese

happinessseeker

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 5:43 pm
4thebooks wrote:
I journal all my meals thru MyFitnessPal. Started in 2014 was strict for 3 years then took a break and just got back into it 3 months ago and it’s the best thing. I eat a macro based diet so 100 grams carbs 43 grams fat and 130 grams of protein. I’m already down 8 inches off my waist and 15 pounds with lots more to go but it’s what worked for me in the past (-90lbs).
I do measure and weigh my food which is a pain but once I get the hang of things I’m going to stop doing that.
I will post what I ate yesterday hope it helps and good luck!

Couldn’t help but notice the quest bar. Do they have a hechsher now by any chance? I’ve been hoping and waiting!

4thebooks

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:10 pm
happinessseeker wrote:
Couldn’t help but notice the quest bar. Do they have a hechsher now by any chance? I’ve been hoping and waiting!

Yes they are OUD now! I’ve also been waiting for years!

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:14 pm
I am on a whole foods/plant-based diet, but I eat animal protein occasionally. I do not count calories, I just try to put good nutrients into my body and avoid processed foods. Its really about an attitude change about what food is for.

Breakfast-Banana, 12 oz pea soup (sauteed onions in olive oil, mushrooms, celery, frozen peas, vegetable stock). Cup juice (75& carrot juice and 25% orange juice)
Lunch-12 oz spinich soup (olive oil, onion, celery, parsnip, spinich, whole lemon, kiwi, vegetable stock, pureed), 12 oz fruit smoothie (blueberries, mango, banana, strawberry, pineapple, water)
Snack-1 packet dried fruit mix with dark chocolate in it
Dinner-1.5 servings baby potatoes with olive oil
Three cups of herbal tea throughout the day, no sugar.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 6:57 pm
I'm on WW too and this is what I ate today:

Breakfast - 2 eggs and one orange (zero points)

Snack: A nectarine and an apple (0)

lunch: 2 pcs salmon, lettuce and tomato salad (0)

snack: chocolate (5 points)

supper: 2 chicken thighs, edamame beans. (7 points for chicken thighs)

Snack: will have some twizzlers and dark chocolate later (5 points or more depending on how much)

Also went to party and ate 2 small borekas. That wasn't meant to happen. But I am well over my fitness goal for the week.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:32 pm
Today I had:

Spaghetti with veggies
Half a potato knish.

Not feeling well today.

levlongnprosper

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:47 pm
amother wrote:
What do you eat in a day?
Im trying to lose some weight and the dietician wants me to write down everything I eat in a day but I'm finding it hard to do because I eat often.

Now I'm wondering if others keep track of exactly what you eat?

And please post the list if u have one

Its hard but find a way to make it happen, even if you get creative, like taking a picture of everything you eat and showing her the photo album or taking notes on your phone or keeping a notepad or sheet of paper (that you file away daily) in your pocket, etc.

levlongnprosper

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:54 pm
Today I had:

Breakfast around 8:00am - homemade cashew milk with protein powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon/nutmeg/cloves/cardamom

Lunch around 12:30pm - 1 cup green beans, 1 cup sweet potato cubes, 2 small pargiyot baked with hawaij seasoning

Snack around 330pm - decaf cappuccino

Dinner around 7pm - 4oz ground beef with tomato sauce, currants, cumin, and onion over cauliflower rice

Snack around 9:30pm - 1/4c chocolate ice cream (coconut base) with homemade stewed cherries (frozen cherries and kirsch liqueur cooked down together)

But yesterday was:

Breakfast - banana

Snack - "lite" puffed chips and fruit leather

Lunch - 1 cup green beans, 1 cup sweet potato cubes, 2 small pargiyot baked with hawaij seasoning

Dinner - 2 cups artichoke hearts with lemon and olive oil plus 1/2c gluten free pasta with sundries tomatoes and their oil

I'm a work in progress, always!

happinessseeker

Post Thu, Feb 14 2019, 7:55 pm
4thebooks wrote:
Yes they are OUD now! I’ve also been waiting for years!

Aah yay thanks!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise