Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Can pinworms go away without medication?

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:12 pm
Last week I saw pinworms in my preschooler. The next two days I made him shower, and washer his towel, PJs, and sheets. I still haven't made it to get the medication, but he hasn't complained of itching since. I just checked him again and didn't see anything. How likely is it that they are gone? Is it more likely that I just didn't see this time?

amother
Silver

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 9:22 pm
Usually people notice symptoms when the pinworms come out to lay eggs. Once they lay their eggs they die soon after. So the reason you're not seeing more is because that generation laid its eggs and then died off. The problem is that it's extremely likely that he managed to swallow some of the eggs, which will mature and come out within a couple of weeks to lay their eggs. Your best bet at this point is to treat him about two weeks after his first symptoms. You really want to kill them once they're adults in the intestines, but before they come out to lay eggs.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:55 am
So interesting! Thank you

Last edited by amother on Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:56 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:56 am
But I read that eggs on the skin hatch within 6 hrs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics