Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
ISO Turtleboo socks

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:01 pm
This may be a long shot, but does anyone have some? Mostly needed for two kids. Possibly for an adult or two, too. And for a toddler and accompanying adults only if they're needed for the toddler-appropriate areas. There are toddler-appropriate areas, right?

Because I am sure some will be intrigued by the thread title, there's a soft-play place called Turtleboo whose website thankfully warns you that they require players to wear their proprietary grippy socks sold separately. Can't Believe It

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:07 pm
I was ther recently n they said my kids can go without it.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:10 pm
Oooh very good to know, thank you so much! Do you know if this is an official policy change or if they were just nice to you?

amother
Mauve

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:11 pm
Hmm.. Im not sure..maybe u call them before

amother
Mustard

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:23 pm
You can definitely go in without their socks. We go pretty often.

amother
Beige

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:35 pm
amother wrote:
You can definitely go in without their socks. We go pretty often.

Agreed.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:36 pm
Another vote for their socks being unnecessary.

seeker

Post Sat, Feb 16 2019, 11:40 pm
Thank you everyone! Note they have a groupon active and there is a coupon code on groupon tonight (meaning on top of the groupon price you get an extra 20% off)

forgetit

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:49 am
seeker wrote:
Thank you everyone! Note they have a groupon active and there is a coupon code on groupon tonight (meaning on top of the groupon price you get an extra 20% off)

Read the fine print carefully. I ended up adding money to my groupon bec. the rides were extremely limited.
Adding another vote for socks not being necessary.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:55 am
Yeah but per their website it doesn't seem rides are included in regular admission either, so it's a good start.

forgetit

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 12:57 am
seeker wrote:
Yeah but per their website it doesn't seem rides are included in regular admission either, so it's a good start.

The 16.99 fee should include rides. I still came out cheaper with groupon but was a bit disappointed that I had to add money for rides. My kids were the age were I couldnt get away with one ride per kid.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:02 am
According to their website, the $16.99 admission includes only the soft play and "virtual" games. For that price you'd kind of expect to have at least one ride or a handful of game tokens but whatever, I guess this is how these things operate... So with the groupon and the code I paid $15 for my two kids to get in, website says one free adult per kid, I'm prepared to add the cost of a ride and a few game tokens to that. The point is that we need to meet up with someone in that geographical area with something low-maintenance and indoors for the kids to do. I think mission accomplished.

forgetit

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:08 am
seeker wrote:
According to their website, the $16.99 admission includes only the soft play and "virtual" games. For that price you'd kind of expect to have at least one ride or a handful of game tokens but whatever, I guess this is how these things operate... So with the groupon and the code I paid $15 for my two kids to get in, website says one free adult per kid, I'm prepared to add the cost of a ride and a few game tokens to that. The point is that we need to meet up with someone in that geographical area with something low-maintenance and indoors for the kids to do. I think mission accomplished.

Yeah, I saw that, but my experience was different on at least 2 occasions. I guess ask them when you get there so that you know what the real deal is?
Their website also gives rule about the socks and they don't exactly follow through on it...
I'm curious, so let us know what happens.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:12 am
I have been there many many times. Never had to wear their socks or pay extra for rides. Everything was included in my ticket except arcades and only paid for kids not adult.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 1:14 am
Agreed with amother above. Full price includes rides virtual play area (nothing major) and soft play but not arcades.

seeker

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:37 am
Thanks! I'll update you on how it goes when I use my Groupon iyh!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 10:40 am
OP, unlimited rides are surely included in the admission. I guess they need to uptade the website. Only the arecades are not included.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries