Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
The desire of the soul to connect to the infinite light

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 5:42 am
I was thinking about the desire of the soul to connect to the infinite light. And how this is taught as a given. The soul is like a candle, wanting to rise higher and higher.

And then I was thinking about the death wish. Particularly a death wish which comes from stress. Like when a person says"it's all too much, get me out of here".

So perhaps one is the flipside of the other. Because eventually we will all die and and be absorbed back into the infinite light.

So I'm thinking that the death wish could be used to trigger intense prayer to connect to the infinite by accepting the bad situation for all that it is. And thus turn something evil into something good.

Have any of you done this successfully? How?

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 8:10 am
Big big hugs for in your orbit needs this transformation.
Let's unpack this.
We want to to connect to this infinite light. It probably seems like not just the greatest good but the most comforting loving thing we can imagine.
But we want to connect because we know that this is the greatest good, and that Hashem is the greatest good. What He wants is the greatest good. And what He wants is for US to want to stay in the olam hatachton for as long as possible, to live lives according to the guidelines He's given us. Then, when He decides it's up to us to go home, we go home. And after a full life, fully well-lived, we will be closer than ever.

And one more thing. We do not have to do this journey down here on our own. In fact, Hashem is quite happy when we get support and mentors. His guidelines are designed to optimally be given over as a mesorah, not for us to work out on our own.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics