Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Camp Rena Brooklyn NY

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 17 2019, 3:53 pm
I'm looking into this day camp. I understand that it's their second year. I'd love to hear from people that sent there. Is it run well? What type of crowd goes there? Do the girls really learn skills over 40 days of day camp? Or is it more just for fun? Any other details would be great!
Also, I checked out their website and saw the pricing, but does anyone know how much it comes out to after early bird discount, and any other available discounts?
TIA!!

brooklyn

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:32 am
I know that this will not answer your question but, my kids went to Shalom Day Camp and they loved it. A well run program with wonderful head staff.

fleetwood

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:33 am
My daughter worked at Rena last Summer and loved it. At first the camp was disorganized but by week three or four was run much better. The crowd is I guess more right wing but still modernish...if that makes sense. There was a talent show at the end,plus they went to a gymnastics place every week.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 10:00 pm
My girls really liked it. They went second half last year. They learnt keyboard well enough to play a couple of songs, enjoyed the trips and bi weekly playplex swimming.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 4:05 pm
Thanks for your replies! Is it a frum bais Yaakov environment? Or more to the left? We are open minded yeshivish. I'm just trying to get a feel for the type it is, or maybe it's not a "type" yet, since so new

fleetwood

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 6:06 pm
It is Definitely a bais Yaakov environment. Knee socks,3/4 sleeves,no phones....

nicole81

Post Sun, Feb 24 2019, 6:17 pm
It's a Bais yaakov type camp. There are a few rwmo girls there, including my stepdaughter. Girls there come from lev, masores, bya, ateret, bydrm, and others. Plus my dd with 2 or 3 other classmates from shulamith.

My dd learned a bit even with missing the first week of camp, and was inspired to continue so we bought her an instrument to practice with during the year.

Not sure if you need a code, but if you pm me, I have 4 codes to give out that will make the tuition come out to around $1520.

malky800

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:23 am
How much of the camp is dedicated to learning skills? Do they also do other camp stuff like trips and arts?
My daughter wants to go but wants to have a fun camp experience too

mybusyima

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:19 pm
I'd love updated info about this day camp from people that sent there this past summer.

malky800

Post Wed, Jan 08 2020, 11:30 pm
My daughter was in the teens division and had a great time.
It's fun, not a sports camp.
Every day you learn a new arts or drama skill. Some things you have a few sessions and some are just a touch. Like they did guitar. They only had 3 lessons but she got a fun feel for it.
Staff was great. I would consider her bunch to be frum Brooklyn crew.
Once a week was a big trip and the teens go to Hershey and Niagara .

bumpkin2

Post Mon, Jan 31 2022, 1:29 pm
Do any of you have experience/info about the boys camp? I am looking into options for my 3 yr old twins.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries