Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Chasidishe slips
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:04 am
smile18 wrote:
A chassidish slip is a full top and bottom slip that comes with long sleeves.

THIS. The ones sold at department stores are sleeveless.

flippingout18!

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:21 am
There is a lady in Monsey that sells slips. If a person takes on a kabbalah to wear a full slip she sends you a slip for free. Her name is Mrs. Fried and her number is 845-425-7287

mom2mysouls

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:25 am
I wonder how they nurse with it...
I have a major aversion to any slip - full or half, or polyester lining. I rip them out.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:29 am
cnc wrote:
I wear it instead of a shell.
The ones I own are a shell on top and slip on bottom.

This is the most amazing invention ever! I love them!
These are not considered the chassidishe slips I think. The old chassidishe slips were all nylon/polyester. The new 'normal' comfortable shell slips are cotton on top and polyester on the bottom. it's very very comfortable to wear.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:32 am
If a skirt comes with it I remove unless it's see through. Ew

roses

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:36 am
flippingout18! wrote:
There is a lady in Monsey that sells slips. If a person takes on a kabbalah to wear a full slip she sends you a slip for free. Her name is Mrs. Fried and her number is 845-425-7287

So interesting. I wonder why people think this is a religious issue. And whether they think G-d cares about what kind of undergarments they wear.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:41 am
roses wrote:
So interesting. I wonder why people think this is a religious issue. And whether they think G-d cares about what kind of undergarments they wear.

It's not the point whether He cares. It's the point if I care. Basically, when I go shopping and reach for the item on the top shell, my top and my skirt usually leave a wide gap and my skin shows, if I wear this undergarment, my skin will not show, it's a protective covering.
I personally am very grateful for this. My son once pulled my skirt halfway down on the street because he slipped and held onto my skirt. This article of clothing prevented a totally embarrassing situation. There was this undergarment to spare me this shame.
Just explaining. Do what you feel comfortable doing and let others do that as well.

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:43 am
lingerie store

the company is gemsli

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 7:51 am
roses wrote:

They see it as a stronger commitment to tznius. It ensures that clothes don’t stick to a woman’s body, and covers up for thinner fabrics that may not be totally opaque.

finallyamommy

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:12 am
Any idea where to get these in EY?

roses

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:16 am
ShishKabob wrote:
It's not the point whether He cares. It's the point if I care. Basically, when I go shopping and reach for the item on the top shell, my top and my skirt usually leave a wide gap and my skin shows, if I wear this undergarment, my skin will not show, it's a protective covering.
I personally am very grateful for this. My son once pulled my skirt halfway down on the street because he slipped and held onto my skirt. This article of clothing prevented a totally embarrassing situation. There was this undergarment to spare me this shame.
Just explaining. Do what you feel comfortable doing and let others do that as well.

You're referring to your personal comfort. This has nothing to do with a "Kabbalah" or a frumkeit issue.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:18 am
roses wrote:
You're referring to your personal comfort. This has nothing to do with a "Kabbalah" or a frumkeit issue.

Because I am comfortable being tzniusdig.

Tzutzie

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:33 am
Chassidish slips are slips that are a sort of "underdress".
They hit by the knee and have full sleeves.

There are ones with snaps down the top front for nursing.

Today they sell them with cotton or modal tops so its like a shell and polyester bottoms.

I personally don't wear them because the seam (even though it's super thin and delicate) bothers me. So if my top isn't a longish top, I tuck my shell into my tights and wear a half slip if my skirt doesn't have a lining. Some skirts need one even with a lining. Can't Believe It
I also always wear a shell underneath everything. Polyester and other synthetic fibers bother me so I wear a cotton or modal shell underneath. When I (rarely) wear wool that shvitzes and I wear a shell underneath.
And when I wear cotton, I usually need an extra layer to cover up underwear lines.....

Last edited by Tzutzie on Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

saralem

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:34 am
yes--it's to make sure your back, tummy and sides are covered when wearing a skirt and top. I've seen explanations about this in dressing rooms in ladies clothing stores in Monsey. I don't personally wear these, but I do wear a half slip every day. otherwise I feel half undressed. old-fashioned, I guess.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:45 am
I make sure that my tops overlap my skirts by a few inches. I also make sure that my skirts fit properly so a child won’t pull them down. I dosee that my skirts are mire likely to get pulled down if I’m wearing a slippery polyester underneath.

sequoia

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:47 am
None of you just wear dresses? I almost always wear dresses. There are some really pretty, totally tznius ones out there. Then you don’t have to worry about your midsection showing when you reach for something.

roses

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:49 am
sequoia wrote:
None of you just wear dresses? I almost always wear dresses. There are some really pretty, totally tznius ones out there. Then you don’t have to worry about your midsection showing when you reach for something.

This. Plus your kid doesn't get to pull your skirt down. Plus you look up to date

tothepoint

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:50 am
mom2mysouls wrote:
I wonder how they nurse with it...
I have a major aversion to any slip - full or half, or polyester lining. I rip them out.

I have the Gemsli slip, they have 2 zippers on side for nursing. Works instead of a shell-so convenient! They also have a different style with a very low V-cut so I tend to just pull it down..didn't stretch so far

roses

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:51 am
ShishKabob wrote:
Because I am comfortable being tzniusdig.

This can be accomplished with any number of other garments. Why, specifically does it have to be a chassidishe slip? Common sense dressing can also accomplish the tznius aspect a woman may be looking for, without community members regulating ones undergarments

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Feb 18 2019, 9:51 am
roses wrote:
This. Plus your kid doesn't get to pull your skirt down. Plus you look up to date

It happens to slinky skirts that have the elastic waist.
Plus, not all of us look good in dresses and also not all of us are up to date! Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics