Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Any GOOD Jewish music out there?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 7:31 pm
I've decided that I'm only going to listen to Jewish music, but I have such a hard time finding anything that I like. I just got these two new CD's from Simcha Kanter, and I love them (and my kids do too)! His music just seems like it really has soul to it (if that makes any sense), whereas I find most of the other stuff out there doesn't. I also have a CD from Shlomo and Eitan Katz which I like but that's about it.

Does anyone know of any other good Jewish music out there with a similar style?

Chani

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 7:47 pm
I don't recognize those names, but personally I really like Yosef Karduner.

momof6

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 8:31 pm
I don't know what style you're looking for , but Morah Leah has reall quaLITY Jewish music for kids and adults
Check out Morahleahmusic.com

RedRuby

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:11 pm
I absolutely LOVE 8th Day.

The music is original, the voices beautiful, the lyrics are pure poetry...some clever, some really deep...and I feel so happy to be alive when I listen to their CD's.

Their first one is called "8th Day" and their second CD is called "Brooklyn".

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 9:16 pm
Chani wrote:
I don't recognize those names, but personally I really like Yosef Karduner.

OP the examples you gave are guitary kind of music so you may like yosef karduner.

yedidya's mom

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 10:24 pm
if you like shlomo katz then you should check out his CD- "vehakohanim"its really nice and eitan katz has a new one called "eitan katz unplugged"- also recommend it of youre into that music
love karduner too. there is also a great CD called "ushmuel bekorei shemo" that has a few diff. carlebachy artists on it and has a few great nigunim. I also like Shwekey- esp. his 3rd album "yedid".

Tiferet

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 10:37 pm
OP, I know what you mean about Simcha Kanter's music. We also LOVE it. Especially his english songs on his Lag B'omer Live CD. My husband and I struggle with the same problem finding good music so I think this is a great thread! Anyone interested in Simcha Kanter's music can check it out at Simchakanter.com, (it seems like he's the hidden artist that nobody knows about?)

amother

Post Sun, Dec 09 2007, 11:00 pm
Chava Rachel Saban's CD, B'Kashti, is absolutely beautiful music. She also has a new CD out. You can search on CDBaby for B'Kashti.

lst

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 5:33 am
really good new-ish cd out called Omek Hadavar.

loveit

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:33 am
love Omek Hadavar. Also I just put Yonaton Razel on my ipod and I cna't stop listening to it, it's great.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Dec 10 2007, 11:56 am
In our opinion, NO, and it's very very quiet in our house .....

pinkbubbles

Post Tue, Dec 11 2007, 10:38 pm
[quote="amother"]I also have a CD from Shlomo and Eitan Katz which I like but that's about it.

/quote]

hey Shlomo was my neighbor when I lived in Yerushalayim!! Very Happy He is an amazing person, very inspirational and I love listening to his music because it shows who he is and dedication to haShem! I'm so excited LOL its funny seeing his name!!

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:36 am
What about good Sephardi Style music for kids?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:48 am
I also really like Simcha Kanter's music. I just ordered his new CD. I'm good friends with his wife, and my dh is on one of his albums! Smile

I remember hearing someone else....maybe Chaim Dovid? that had a similar feel to me and I really liked it, but I can't remember the album..

I also recently got a CD of the tikkun klalli done sefardi style and that's nice too, but not really great to sing along to...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 12:08 pm
I struggle with this I grew up with only jewish music and then had a stint of a few years listening to country music and got addicted I tried stopping but it only lasted a year I'm now back to listening to country... there just are no great country music that is jewish I cant even find quality jewish m

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 1:01 pm
try aryeh kunstler - he's new and sounds like reg. music with jewish words - oseh shalom, etfc.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:04 pm
amother wrote:
What about good Sephardi Style music for kids?

eli mellul sings in ladino, GORGEOUS

chavamom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 3:13 pm
lst wrote:
really good new-ish cd out called Omek Hadavar.

That's a big hit at our house.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:03 pm
No moshav band fans out there?

You can hear some samples on youtube.

Let me know what you think.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:09 pm
diaspora yeshiva band
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics